Chapter 15

"Johnson... Johnson.." Durga calls his name from the kitchen. Johnson quickly comes downstairs and meets Durga.
"Foodstuff are almost finished. Dress up and go the market."
After dressing, Johnson comes downstairs and collects the list and money from Durga. He goes to market snd begins buying the food in the list until someone bumps into him making Johnson's grocery bag to fall to the ground.
"I'm so sorry." The person says bending to carry the grocery bag for Johnson. "Johnson?" The person asks looking at him.
Johnson looks at him more closely and is shocked.
"Steven" Johnson hugs Steven.
"I can't believe this. How have you been?" Steven asks.
"I'm fine. How about you? I mean we last saw in the university."
"We need to find somewhere we can talk. Are you finushed with your shopping?"
Johnson goes through the list and finds out he has bought everything. "Yes I have. Let's go."
Johnson and Steven go to a fast food restaurant. They discuss about their time in the university and friends they missed during the years.
"So what do you do?" Steven asks.
"Uhm... I work in my dad's company. Nothing much how about you?"
"I'm a dancer. I have a dance building not too far from here. From our days in the university, you were an amazing dancer. You should come sometime"
"I'm not sure." Johnson tries thinking about it.
"Come tomorrow. You will enjoy it."
Johnson checks his wristwatch and time has gone by really fast.
"Actually I have to go."
"Give me your number. Just in case you come tomorrow so that I can direct you."
Johnson and Steven exchange contacts. Johnson arrives home and sees Durga in the sitting room.
"What took you so long? I didn't send you to Israel to buy food stuff."
"I'm sorry."Johnson apologises and goes to the kitchen.
After a while, there's a knock on the door. Durga goes and opens the door and sees Johnson's family standing outside.
"Good morning ma'am. We are Johnson's family. Is he around?"
"Johnson your family is here. Please come in."
Miriam, Tania and Mayank walk in the gigantic mansion admiring it.
"Mom, Tania, Mayank, what are you doing here?" Johnson grins seeing them, he feels so relieved seeing them.
"Johnson..." Miriam hugs her son dearly. She looks at his face and holds his hands. "How have you been?"
Tears full Johnson's eye but he holds them back.
"I'm fine. I'm managing well, Thank God." Johnson hugs his mother again.
"Won't we be getting a hug as well?" Tania jokes.
"Of course."
Johnson hugs both Tania and Mayank.
"Let's go to the sitting room."
Durga looks at them angrily then she smirks as an idea comes to her mind.
Johnson goes to the kitchen to bring in some drinks and snacks for his family. He drops on the table and immediately Tania and Mayank dives in.
"John, sit next to me." Miriam taps on an empty space beside her on the couch. John walks and sit beside his mother. "Is everything okay? You can trust me."
Johnson smiles, "Yes mother everything is okay. Look at me. I'm perfectly well."
"What about Sagar? Is he at home?" Tania asks.
"No, he left for work."
"Oh my Johnson!!! Come to the kitchen immediately." Durga yells from the kitchen.
Johnson looks at his family worriedly and quickly gets up rushing to the kitchen.
"Yes mother what's wrong?"
"What's this?" Durga points to the pot of soup cooking.
Johnson looks closely and sees nothing wrong.
"Are you blind? Don't you know what you added when cooking?"
"Mother i don't see anything wrong in the soup."
"Except for the scent leaf in the soup. You know Sagar is allergic to scent leaf but you still added it."
"Mother, I swear I didn't add the scent leaf, I know Sagar is allergic."
"Stop lying to me. Wait don't tell me." Durga glares at Johnson. "Did you purposely do this to make my son suffer?"
"Mother no. I didnt I swear."
"Then how did the scent leaf get in the pot?"
Johnson grasps his hair tightly. He remembers his family in the sitting room but he has end this quickly before he escalates.
"Mother, I think I must have done it by mistake. I'm sorry." Johnson apologises.
Durga slaps Johnson's left cheek making him to wince at the pain and the spot becomes reddish. Miriam rushes to the kitchen hearing the slap sound.
"What's going on here?" Miriam looks at Durga and at her son and sees the reddish mark on her son's cheek then she glares at Durga.
"Why did you slap my son?"
"Because he wants to kill my son. He added scent leaf in the soup because my son is allergic in order to make him suffer."
Miriam looks back at her son and shakes her head.
'My son is never capable of doing such a thing." Miriam talks back.
"The evidence is here and he admitted it. Shameless family." Durga curses.
"Shameless family?" Miriam asks. She immediately grabs Durga hair dragging it around. Durga holds Miriam hand trying to remove it but Miriam's grasp is strong. Mayank goes to separate the fight but Tania holds him. Miriam pushes Durga to the ground.
"Never insult my family, do you understand?" Miriam points to Durga who is on the ground breathing heavily. "Do you know how precious my son is? You have mistaken a diamond for a piece of stone."
"Johnson is this how you have been treated since you got back. Pack your things. What's more important is family. Jesus, how can they treat some one like this?" Miriam cries as she touches her son's face.
Johnson holds his mother's hand. "Mom, I can't leave."