Chapter 7

It is 6:00am and Johnson is already up and packing his clothes and other necessities into his travelling bag. Meanwhile Sagar is still sleeping. He shakes Sagar slightly trying to wake him up but Sagar wouldn’t.
           Sagar told him that their flight to New York was at 8:00am but here he is still sleeping.
  "Oh i almost forgot to call and tell my family about the vacation."
Johnson says as he picks the phone on the bed and calls his mom. It starts ringing and beeps 4 times before his mom finally picks.
"Hello, mom, its Johnson."
"Johnson, oh my God, how are you?"
"I’m fine mom, how is everyone at home?"
"We are all fine, how are your in-laws and husband?"
"Fine mom, I'm missing you all."
"Me too..."
"Mom, Sagar and I are going for our honeymoon in New York."
"Oh my god, that's nice. You both need some time together."
"Yes mom, i said this news can’t pass you by."
"I know and thanks for telling me. The rest of the family must hear this and when are you going?"
"Today by 8:00am."
"That’s fast and great. You both have a nice time, okay?"
"Bye mom, love you."
"Love you too."
    Johnson cut the call and looks behind and sees Sagar stretching himself and sitting down gently. He looks at Johnson with a smiling face.
   "Good morning." Sagar says standing up from the bed and walking into the bathroom to shower.
"Good morning." Johnson smiles as he looks at Sagar. 
      Johnson and Sagar have finished packing their clothes in their bags. They go downstairs and walk into the sitting room painted white and cream with pink curtains and a glass table at the centers with five sofa and a couch. Johnson smiled admiring the sitting room. Its been a while since he looked around the house since he was busy with household chores and stuffs like that.
      Durga, Garg and Bharat are all seated in the brown colored sofas watching a movie. Garg looks behind him and smiles seeing Sagar and Johnson standing looking ready to go.
“Our couple is ready to go.” Garg says as him, Durga and Bharat stands up.
“then safe journey to New York.’’
“Don’t forget to call us when you both arrive in New York” Bharat adds.
“bye mom, dad, Bharat. See you soon.”
    Johnson and Sagar leave the house with the other family members walking behind them. They enter a car with the driver in the drivers seat. They drive off waving at the family. They reach the airport and board their way into the airplane.

               Meanwhile, back at the Shield family, Tania was seated in her room thinking about the bad quarrel between her and Johnson. More tears drop down her cheek the more she thinks about it. Miriam was passing by Tania’s room and she hears crying sounds coming out of Tania’s room and she stops and knocks before opening the room and walking in. Tania sees her mother and quickly cleans her tears with her palm but her mom just walks and seat on Tania's bed and hugs, patting her back gently.

“Mom, I know what Sagar told me and I’m not lying…”
“Tania, you need to stop all this and move on, maybe you misunderstood him.”
“No mom, he said it to my face disgustingly and he even told me…”
“Let’s give it sometime and see how everything turns out, okay?”
Tania nods,
“You can come help lets both make dinner, at least remove your mind from Sagar issues, okay?” Miriam rubs Tania’s cheek slowly
‘I'll be right there, let me just freshen up.”

Miriam leaves the room and goes downstairs heading into the kitchen. Tania enters her bathroom and rinses her face and applies some powder and lip gloss and goes to the kitchen. She helps her mother in washing the dishes in the sink and the vegetables. About 1 hour later, the kitchen is well clean and the dinner is ready and served on the dining table.
      Jared, Tania, Mayank, Miriam and Margaret are seated eating dinner. Margaret looks around and smiles.
“I have interesting news for the family.” Margaret says dropping her cutlery on the table.
“whats the news?” Jared inquires impatiently
“It’s a marriage proposal for Mayank. You know im very considerate about my sister family unlike her not trying to help her children get married especially Mayank.” Margaret said as Miriam looks down at her plate and contrinues eating.
“Auntie, I don’t think Mayank is ready for a second marriage just because Jewel ran away. He still needs time to …” Tania said
“No one needs your…. contribution in this discussion after all you tried to ruin your brother wedding and now you don’t want you brother to get married.”
   Tania shakes her head, takes her plate and leave the dining table going upstairs to her room.
“I think we should accept this proposal, the least we could do is see the family and the girl.”
“I'm not getting married dad, if its not Jewel then its no one. I love her dad. if the family is still invited then be prepared to face himiltaion because I'm not coming. Thanks for the dinner.” Mayank leaves the dining table and goes to his room.
"This generation, they hardly listen to their elders. I think we should wait for the main time. Or instead should I get a proposal for Tania?”
“Margaret will you stop all this? Proposal this and that, can't you just leave my children alone?”
“uhhh, Miriam are you talking to me like that…” Miriam stands up and leaves the dining table.
“No respect for your elder sister who got Johnson married into a reputable family.”  Margaret says as she looks at Jared who is still eating. She picks up her cutlery and starts eating as well.
    Tania is in her room eating and watching a movie from her laptop. Then she hears a knock from her door.
“Come in” she says and the door opens. Mayank enters and closes the door behind him.
“Mayank?’’
“I just wanted to say thanks for helping me there.”
“No problem, you're my brother and I help those who I love dearly just like you and Joh….”
“That’s another reason I'm here…” Mayank walks and sits beside her on her bed.
“Are you sure about Sagar? About what he said about Johnson?” Mayank asks
“Yes, I'm sure, I mean he said this to my face.”
“You know I have read this in the newspaper about people who face abuses in their marriage, especially in arranged marriage, abusive husbands always try to put on the best impression for their in-laws so that they will have that trust from their in-laws and no matter what outsiders or even the family members say bad about their son in-laws, they don’t believe them.”
  “So what are you suggesting.”  Tania asks looking at Mayank cmore closely.
“The only solution is to wait and watch until Sagar's true character comes out. No secret stays buried for ever,

I hope youre enjoying my story.