♪ Chapter 31 ♪

CHAPTER 31

Hunter's POV

I was going insane. My wolf was driving me nuts. One minute we were fine the next we were sad next depressed then angry and the cycle repeated. Finn was in a similar state yet he handled it better. Whatever he was older and therefore more experienced than me. Of course, he could control his emotions better. "Fuck!" I shouted, slamming my hand into the wall. The plaster broke apart.

Nearly two seconds later, our room door was slammed open and two figures came barrelling in- Rian and Tanner. Tanner took one look at me and the wall then sighed. "You need to hold it in." He stated gruffly.

My wolf wanted to snarl at him. I yanked him back tightly. I knew how our Beta felt. He was as lost as I was, or well, less anyway. She was his Luna and friend as well. One could even say she was a sister to him. I huffed and looked up at him. Tanner was still wearing the same clothes he wore yesterday. His eyes were tired and had dark circles under them. His stance was tense and stiff.

With me indisposed, he was next in line so all my work was passed on to him. He had much to do and I would be forever grateful but I was ready to explode. Wolves were social creatures. We were never meant to be alone for long periods of time. It has been almost a week and I felt like I was losing my mind slowly.

I wanted to see her. I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to hug her. I needed her like the air I breathed.

The other day I heard a small tiny voice in the back of my head that sounded like her tell me she loved me. The tone... It drove me insane. I trashed the war room and injured several of the warriors until my father, Tanner, Finn and Gavin had to hold me back. It sounded like she was dying.

After going into a rage, I was chained for a while to cool down. Immediately after everyone left I broke down. I had started to tear and cry. I couldn't and wouldn't be able to make it without her. Never.

She was mine. My soul, my heart. And without a heart, it was impossible to live. "I'm fine," I grumbled, scratching my head. I knew my hair was a mess.

I was a mess. I hadn't showered in 2 days and the thought of eating and sleeping sickened me. Sleeping caused me to dream and dreams gave me nightmares of a life without her. But the worst of all was thinking. I couldn't. Terrible things floated in my mind but I kept them under lock and key.

After the lock-up, my wolf was gone. It was as if he moved so deep in my mind that he completed disappeared. That made me on edge. Without him, I was useless- basically human. And that meant I was more vulnerable. Emotionally and physically. One could attack me right now and it would be easy to kill me. I would still pose a threat but it would be significantly easier to kill me.

Henry and Finn had been going at it in strategies whereas I was here, slowly losing my mind. Tanner would come over every day and explain to me what was happening and for that hour or so, Rian would keep busy by carrying out both of our jobs.

I knew I had to pick it up and start acting like the Alpha I was but I just couldn't find any motivation in me to do so. I just wanted to curl up and sob and remember the memories we had together. Heck, now of all times I'm wondering if I should have mated her or at least marked her. That would have at least given me access to her subconscious and at least I would know if she was alive or... or.... or dead. I shivered at the latter.

In the beginning, I would get pain which seemed like cramps all over my body but after a while, they just disappeared and I felt as if I was being submerged which was the equivalent of Maddy going in and out of consciousness. Things would be blurry and I would blank out completely in the middle of conversations until Henry told us that Maddy was probably fainting. I was worried. For her to faint multiple times a day like that....., I was terrified of what they were doing to her.