♪ Chapter 13 ♪

A/N: Guys I'm really sorry I went missing for the previous chapter. But if you waited patiently, thank you. I love you guys. So I hope this chapter is good. If you love it, please help me continue my motivation by clicking the ☆ or to comment something. I'd appreciate it and I'd love some feedback from you. Don't be shy 😊

CHAPTER 13

FIVE MONTHS LATER.

I yawned while making my way to the dorm rooms. Midterm exams had just finished and I looked forward to sleeping the rest of the day off. I sleepily jogged up the stairs to my room. I unlocked the door with a yawn before throwing my bag on the chair and jumping on the bed. I snuggled into the inviting blankets and hugged Hunter's pillow to my chest.

He had gone out for the past few days for some Alpha Training. Talk about Alpha training, I had managed to reach the top ten ranking in female warriors. In fact, I was in number three! Hunter had been the proudest, even more than me. Henry had said that I needed to be more careful now cause the top two were really good. The first ranker, Ali apparently could even rival a beta female. The second one, Beth was also really good.

My mind and body was restless without Hunter. Our bond had gotten stronger to the point where sometimes we felt miserable to be apart. Henry says it's probably our wolves wanting to mate. It has almost been a year now since I first came to the Academy. I had hoped to take things slow but with my wolf often fighting for control, it was getting harder. But I knew I wasn't ready. At least not yet. We hadn't even had time to go on a proper date! We were too busy preparing for my matches.

I groaned at my mind's thoughts and clutched harder on Hunter's pillow. His smell was slowly lulling me to sleep. My eyes were already half closed when I heard the door open and someone come in. I couldn't open my eyes back as in moments, I had already fallen asleep.

♪♪♪♪♪

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was breathing on my neck. It was tickling me. A lot. I pursed my lips to stop myself from giggling because I could hear his snores. Hunter had his arm snaked around my waist tightly. He was spooning me from the back. My back was flush against his chest. "Morning, baby." He kissed my neck lightly. I couldn't control myself and ended up giggling uncontrollably. This in turn made Hunter laugh and plant soft feather kisses on my cheeks and forehead. He untangled his arm and moved to lean on his elbows, putting him directly above me. He smiled at me softly before leaning down to kiss me.

My eyes fluttered close. I wanted to feel his lips against mine but before our lips could meet, the door opened and someone barged inside. Hunter pushed up and jumped away. He growled and turned to face the culprit- Rian who was grinning mischievously. "Hey guys!" he said cheerfully. I grunted softly, my mood ruined and got up to lean on the headboard.

"What is it?" Hunter asked, realizing that Tanner had also walked in and closed the door. He was leaning on the far wall beside the door.

"We just came to see you." Rian grinned with a small smirk.

"Right.." Hunter muttered under his breath. I huffed and yawned, still feeling sleepy.

"Anyway, we need to borrow Hunter for a while. Henry requires his...... presence. He wants us to spar. He wants to check if you have improved.

Hunter nodded and reluctantly got up. He gave me a kiss on my forehead and left with Tanner. After they closed the door, Rian smirked at me. "Enjoyable time?" I bit my lips when I felt my cheeks start to get warm. He chuckled with a shake of his head and leaned back on the chair he was sitting on.

"What's up? You seem worn out." I questioned.

"My family wants me to come back. The Alpha is afraid I will choose to follow Hunter once he's done with his training." He replied. I nodded, giving him an encouraging smile. "My family is in that pack... I'm torn if I should go back or follow Hunter. My wolf recognizes Hunter as his Alpha... but a part of him longs for his family..."