♪ Chapter 30 ♪

A/N: pic up above is the woman 😁

CHAPTER 30

I woke up to someone petting my hair. My eyes remained close while I enjoyed the feeling of warmth that the small measure had caused me. I missed Hunter and the guys and this small sliver of affection was making me happy and hungry for more.

I took a deep breath in and relaxed. For once, I didn't feel half out of it when I woke up. I heard a small sound. I ground my teeth from preventing to frown as I wondered what that was. Not even a second later, there was a soft melodious hum. The person petting my hair was humming a melody. From the pitch, it was obviously a woman.

My eyebrow almost twitched as I wondered who was the one humming when an image of a woman crying appeared in my mind. My eyes sprang open to meet the jaw of a woman who was staring straight ahead, a blank look in her eyes. I was lying on the floor while my head was in her lap. She was day dreaming. I continued listening, slowly getting more and more relaxed as I heard more of the tune. My wolf crawled closer to the front of my mind. She too was intrigued by this woman.

I couldn't help but feel as if this woman was familiar somehow. Her.... For a lack of better words, her aura was familiar. My wolf agreed, entranced by the music. The pain and tragedy of each deep hum showed how deeply she felt and I couldn't relate more. I closed my eyes and took in another deep breath. Suddenly, I felt something drop on my face.

My eyes snapped open to see her tearing up. Her tear was the one that had fallen. She was stuck in a trance for a few seconds before she finally realized she was crying and rubbed her eyes. Sighing, she looked down at me only to see my eyes open. "Oh! You're awake.." she yelped.

I nodded slowly. I slowly got up and sat opposite of her. Turning, I glanced at her quietly. While she didn't seem like an enemy, I wouldn't necessarily trust her. My eyes flitted around the area we were in to see that we were in what looked like a guest room. The bed in the middle of the room was untouched and I bet the doors were locked and guarded. Done checking the place out, my eyes found hers once again to see her taking me in. We both stared at each other for a while.

She had dark brown wavy hair and her eyes were an almond colour. Her skin was fair, not too pale and not too tan and she was beautiful. One thing I noticed was that she was quite thin. As if she was fed the minimum to stay healthy and alive.

"Wh- who are you?" I choked out, immediately coughing right after. Quickly she grabbed a glass of water on the table beside her and passed it to me. I drank it greedily and sighed when the cool liquid went down my throat easily.

"My name is Merida." She smiled softly at me.

"Hi. I'm Madeline. You can call me Maddy." I nodded.

Her smile brightened. "Maddy.." she mumbled happily. I furrowed my brows.

"How do you feel, Maddy?" She asked with a concerned look.

I paused before replying. "I'm not going to lie. I feel like shit. I feel like 10 trucks just ran me over but on the bright side, I'm not fainting anymore." I answered.

"Oh here," she took a plate of sandwiches from the table and passed it to me. "You need to build up your strength so eat up."

I looked at her hesitantly. I don't even know her and she was giving me food. What are the odds that it's poisoned. With her beaming smile, I slowly grabbed the plate and nibbled on the edge of one triangle. It didn't taste funny so I took another bite which became another and another and another and soon, the plate was empty with only crumbs left.

She looked at me sadly. "I'm sorry I couldn't get you more.." she frowned. "You're probably still hungry."

I shrugged."It's better than nothing, I guess." Her frown deepened.