Coward

You were staring at him from across the room. He sat at the stairs while fiddling with his crossbow. You smiled bitterly, now he's avoiding you. He won't even look in your way.

You internally groaned. Why did you tell him? Why did you confessed your feelings for him last night?

"What?" He asked.

You've been standing there contemplating whether to tell him or not. You couldn't waste this chance, so you took the risk.

"I...I like you,"

He stood there just staring at you. You kept waiting for a response but there wasn't any.

"What? Do ya expect me to say it back?"

And just like that, your heart shattered into pieces.

God. You were so stupid, did you really expected him to feel the same way? Of course not!

You closed your eyes and shook your head. God, that was so embarrassing. But what bothered you the most is that you got rejected. You thought his gestures had meanings, turns out they don't. He's just like that to everyone. Right? No.

He stood up from the stairs and climbed up without even sparing a glance in your way. You sighed.

Glenn sat beside you, "sorry," he was the one who convinced you to confess. "I really thought he likes you too,"

You smiled bitterly, "It's alright, at least I know now that he doesn't like me."

He shook his head, "how come he acts different around you?" He sighed. "I really thought there's something behind it."

You smiled bitterly again and stood up, "see you tomorrow Rhee,"

He waved at you.

You have been with the group since Atlanta, you became a close friend to Daryl. In fact, you were his closest friend in the group. But not now, he'll avoid you from now on.

You sighed while you were lying on your bed. You need to forget about him and get rid of your feelings for him. The sound of footsteps caught your attention, you looked at the door in your cell and saw Ace.

"Hey, just wanna remind you about the run tomorrow." he scratched the back of his neck. "And I wanted to give you this," he raised his right hand that was holding a bracelet. You stood up and walked to him.

"Thank you," he smiled at you sweetly. "What's this for?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "No reasons." He took your left arm and placed the bracelet on.

You both heard footsteps. You were surprised to see Daryl walking towards your cell. He stared at Ace, then to your hands. "Ace, ya're on watch." His stares were still lingering on Ace's hand that was holding your arm. "C'mon hurry up." Then he left.

Ace said his goodnight and you went back to your bed. You sighed. You don't want to go to the run tomorrow, he will be there.

"Hey hurry up!" Glenn exclaimed. Daryl was standing behind him, he's currently talking with Herschel about the medicines that you guys need to get.

"Okay okay, relax Rhee."

Glenn squinted his eyes when he saw the new bracelet on your hand, he took your left arm and looked back at you. "what's this?"