Find out

You and Daryl met each other at Atlanta, at first you find it hard to talk with him but when you and the group came at the farm he finally warmed up to you and you two eventually became friends. You got closer when you found the prison.

You didn't know why you enjoyed his company. Maybe it was because you two are alike. You both like the comfortable silence, the sunset and the sunrise. You both hate hugs, holding hands and other intimate stuffs. Maybe because you felt special when he told you all about his past. Maybe it was because of the comfort that his presence gives you.

Or maybe, you fell in love with Daryl Dixon.

You shook the idea away.

How would you know that? You've never fell in love before.

And even if you really love Daryl Dixon, being in a relationship during the apocalypse is crazy and you are aware of the fact that he will never love or like you back.

"Hey Y/N," a gruff voice said, Daryl's.

"Hmm?"

"Whatcha thinkin'?"

"Nothing," he tilt his head to the side as if saying 'i dont believe that shit'. But he let you slip away.

"A'right, we're on watch t'night." Then he started walking towards the guard tower.

"O-oh, okay." You said while nodding and walking closely behind him.

"Ya know ya can always tell me anythin' right?" He said while looking at you over his shoulders.

"Of course."

"Good, tell me if somethin's bothering ya. Yeah?"

You nodded. He stopped in his tracks and turned to you.

"I didn't heard ya."

"Yes." You said plainly. He sighed.

"I know yer quiet, but yer not this quiet." He said while returning on walking towards the guard tower.

You finally reached the guard tower and you two are already guarding the prison.

You were staring at the gates and didn't know that Daryl has been staring at you the whole time. You turned to look at him and he looked away, you sighed.

A few more minutes of silence until Daryl decided to speak up. "Ya sure ya a'right? Why are ya so quiet?"

You sighed. "Have you ever thought of it?"

He squinted his eyes, "thought of what?"

"Being in a relationship?" You turned to look at him, he did too.

"Is that what's bothering ya?" you just shrugged, "well... I-I don't know, ya know I ain't one for that kind of stuffs."

You just nodded.

"How 'bout ya?" He asked.

"Yeah, kinda." you breathed in, "I was wondering what type of a girlfriend am I going to be. I might be the boring one because I'm not comfortable with intimate stuffs."

He smirked, "yeah? With whom then? Is there anyone in particular that ya want to be with?"

You shrugged. "I don't know..." you started saying names of guys in the prison, "James, Ethan, Gerry...." you smiled, "Rick," you can't take Daryl's reaction.

"Glenn, no." He nodded, "Carl maybe?" Daryl shook his head while smiling.

"Or, Herschel?"

Daryl squinted his eyes, "Ya can't be serious," then he started chuckling.

"You?" you said which made him stop chuckling. The reaction on his face was priceless. "Just kidding,"

You smiled and looked away. The sun was already rising. "Imagine if we're dating, we'd be too boring. We'll just—"

"What? Watch the sun rise and set?" He cuts you off. You nodded.

"And we wouldn't even talk the whole time," you added.

After that, no one dared to speak. You both just sat there doing your duty.

The sun was already up, which means your shift was done. Daryl stands up first and started to head for the stairs.

You know that you shouldn't have brought that thing up. You were afraid that he already know that you like him. Great, he's going to avoid me from now on.

When you were already at the last step of the stair, Daryl stopped on his tracks.

"Ya know, we could find it out."

You stand there confused, "find what?"

"What's it gonna be when ya and I..." he failed to say the next words. "We could,"

"You mean.."

He just nodded. "I could try to be less boring, ya know?"