Unlike

Its been years since the shit hit the fan. Only the fittest survived. Everyone can all be considered as 'survivors', they have become accustomed in this new world order.

But not you.

Everyone you've met always wondered how you survived, hell you didn't even know why you're still alive.

Because unlike them, you're not strong. Not as alert and not as skilled. Despite everything you've been through, you're still the clumsy Y/N.

"Are ya sure ya want to go?" Daryl asked.

Daryl,

He saved you. He found you in the middle of the woods when he was hunting. You became close to him too, he always protected you. Though you know how annoyed he is by you, he still goes out of his way for you.

"Hey," you snapped back to reality when he nudged your arm. "Y/N, I was asking ya if ya sure ya goin' in this run?"

You flashed a beautiful smile to him. "Of course! I promise I won't mess up like last time."

He rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Yeah, ya also said that last time." Then he walked pass you. "Hurry up, dummy."

Dummy. You became used to his little nickname to you. He gave Judith a cool nickname 'Lil ass-kicker' but he calls you dummy. Are you really that stupid? Even a baby is better than you.

"I'm not a dummy!!" You yell while you follow him.

"Whatever," he says before getting inside the truck and revving it. "What? Ya comin' or nah?"

You ran to the other side of the truck.

"C'mon Y/N, time's running!" Yelled by a grinning Glenn who was at the back of the truck.

"Alright alright!"

Daryl watched you as you made your way inside the truck. He scoffed when he saw your bright smile.

She never gets sad. He thought. At first he was annoyed by your clumsiness. He never thought that it was possible to survive the apocalypse with a personality like you. Wherever you go and whatever you do, you always find a way to hurt yourself. You always had that bright smile too, as if the world hasn't gone to shit. He was even more annoyed at you when he gave you an offending nickname but you didn't even get mad at him. For him, you were too kind to survive this world.

But eventually, his annoyance faded. He just felt like he was responsible of you. After all, he was the one who brought you to the prison. He needs to protect you. Always.

While on your way to your target 'run' place, you came across to a road that had cars as a barricade. So you travelled on foot instead because Glenn said that you're already close to your destination. You were already on the bridge when you heard someone asking for help, and being the 'kind and trusty girl' you are. You quickly ran to that direction and soon heard gunshots.

"Y/N!!!" Daryl yelled. "Come back here girl!"

"Y/N what are you doing?!" Glenn tried to pull your right arm.

You tried to yank it away. "Someone needs help!" Then you ran.

Daryl cussed under his breath. "Fuck!" Then he ran after you, pulling you down to hide in one of the cars. "What the hell did I told ya before?!"

"Daryl we need to help them!"

Daryl huffed. He didn't talk for a minute and just stared at you.

"Daryl! What now?!" Glenn yelled from the other car.

Daryl inhaled and nodded. "Fine, you run to them. I'll cover you."