43. To Sleep In

{Namimori, Japan}

{Namimori, Japan}

As he walked back to the hotel the Varia resided at, Yucca's mind went back to his and Tsunayoshi's talk. He knew the teen was different from when they first met, that he had more confidence in himself, people he could rely on, and friends and family to protect.

He knew it, but between knowing and seeing it, the difference was significant. He felt a bit happier as he remembered the shine in the teen's brown eyes. The overflowing will to fight and confidence he emitted, the aura of a leader even. It reminded him of his students.

His students. The notion made his previously grinning face fall a little. The content smile turned nostalgic as a flash of unhidden guilt momentarily passed through his purple irises. He wanted to see them so much but at the same time, he couldn't.

He couldn't since Mammon's request came first. The mist was someone he worked with and respected. Therefore he couldn't bear to let them down. Then, even if he could see them, how could he approach them without seeming suspicious?

Koro sighed in mild defeat. His nostalgic smile had long since faded as a pensive expression adorned his face. His left gloved hand reached for his white locks as he roughly ruffled them, he didn't like to reflect too much about Kunugigaoka linked business. It always gave him an incurable migraine, and although he knew he couldn't run away from the matter if he wanted to feel at peace, Koro liked to believe otherwise.

He heaved another helpless sigh, his eyes looking up at the night sky he unconsciously went to search for the moon, the magnificent crescent, the cause of all his headaches. At the sight of it, he could only smile deprecatively, no matter how much he wanted to run away from it, he couldn't.

The moon, like the sword of Damocles that once hanged above his head, now shone as a reminder of his blunders.

Blunders, maybe the first mistake to solve was his lost disciple?

With these thoughts, Yucca entered the deserted hotel hall.

::

"Say, uhm Yucca," the brown-headed teen began as he stared at the white head in front of him. His words elicited a hum from the cloud who smiled, ushering the boy to go on. Feeling the man's focus on him, Tusna felt himself squirm. The attention made him a bit restless.