Chapter 7:

I woke up to the view of David's living room, and David's face next to mine. I looked at the tv to see the opening screen on The Proposal playing on repeat. David must've fallen asleep as well during the movie. I get up really softly and put the blankets over him, god he is adorable when he is asleep. I check my phone and it's 4:43am, I sneak off into the spare bedroom and try and go back to sleep.

I wake up around 9:30am to the smell of bacon, so I instantly get up and go to the kitchen to see David in just some shorts and an apron. He heard me take a seat at the bench and turns to face me.

"Morning! I am making breakfast. What type of eggs do you want? I can make them any way." He smiles at me.

"Uhhhhh poached?"

"Easy done."

"Thanks." I say softly whilst starting to scroll through social media on my phone. I check my twitter and reply to a bunch of tweets about my latest video I posted. "God, so many people think Zane and I are dating" I laughed.

"Don't blame them" David said still cooking.

I looked up at him, his back was facing me. "Why's that?"

"I don't know, you're always all over each other. I mean like I know you're not together, but to an outsider, seeing two people go out all the time alone and cuddling always, it's pretty obvious as to why they'd think it."

"Well they couldn't be further from the truth, I like someone else."

I saw him stop for a second, and then he started cooking again. "Really? Do I know them?"

I laughed very quietly to myself, "I mean maybe, i don't know."

"What are they like?"

"Well, HE, is super cute, and super kind. He is always making me laugh when we text or if we do ever go out together. I don't know, I feel like he just looks at me as a friend."

He finishes the eggs and puts them onto a plate with toast and the bacon. "Why would you say that?"

"He is just always using the word friend when talking to me or about me. It confuses me, because sometimes he acts like he is already my boyfriend and then other times it's like he keeps trying to emphasise the word friend. He is very confusing. We could be cuddling and he would call me friend, I'm sure we could even be making out and right after he'd say thanks for being my friend."

I watched David's face, it looked like he was having an internal conversation with himself and the wheels were turning. He looked up at me, "well hopefully he gets his shit together, and you tell him if he ever hurts you that I'll come for him."

"Sure thing David."

"Does he get mad that I'm always around? I don't want to step on anyone's toes."

"Nah I don't think he cares at all, we are just best friends right? He has nothing to worry about."

"Yeah, nothing to worry about. Sorry, excuse me, I should probably get dressed."

I sat there eating my breakfast, this boy really can't take a hint. I could have a neon light up sign on my head saying 'I love David Dobrik' and he still wouldn't get it. Men.

David came back out in his usual black clothing and made up a plate of breakfast before sitting next to me.

"Can I tell you something David?"

He didn't look up from his food, "Sure."

"I've been talking about you this whole time."

His forked dropped from his hand and he choked on his eggs. He drank some water and looked up to me still coughing a little bit. "Sorry what?"