23

youna pov
"get in their relationship," i muttered under my breath in disbelief.

"yEAH?" she raised her voice. "c'mon barbies, she asked for it," she continued by slapping me straight across the face.

i don't know what had gotten into me, but i didn't fight back nor did i have the motivation and energy to fight back.

another one slammed me down and kicked me.

why were they even coming at me? for exactly what reasoning were they fighting me?

i let out a last breath before closing my eyes while they continued hitting me. then, i knocked out.

— hyunjin pov
"hey is she gonna be ok," i smiled at hyeri after leaving with her.

"are you serious? why are you even worried about her," hyeri asked.

"i'm not. i just know that your friends hit pretty hard. can't bring her down so much that we have to pay for her medical fees," i joked.

"hm that's right," hyeri smiled.

— time skip to two weeks later
nothing has been different lately. i saw youna in the hallways, but i noticed she wasn't coming to class. there was just something completely off about her.

i did start to get worried though. she didn't look well.

on the other hand, i started hanging out with hyeri a lot more. eventually i stopped hanging out with felix, seungmin, jisung and minho.

they think i've changed.

have i really? i didn't do anything unusual. hyeri though, has always gotten her friends to beat up youna behind my back a few times. well more than just a few times.

did hyeri think i liked youna? so much that she wouldn't tell me when they would beat her up?

but it wasn't just that bothering me. everytime i was with hyeri, i would feel like there were two things missing; but i couldn't put my finger on it. i didn't know what was missing.

— youna pov
maybe two and a half weeks have passed since i found out hyunjin was cheating on me.

it was 11:35pm

seomi was still over. she found out about hyeri and her friends physically hurting me, but couldn't do anything about it.

when is this ever going to end? i thought to myself while making yet another cup of coffee.

maybe i should just not go to school. it wasn't like i was even attending class, so why go at all.

— time skip to 7:04am
"no you're coming to school," seomi argued. "i don't care if you're not going to class, but you have to go to school."

"what am i going to school for?" i argued back. "if i'm not going to do anything, then i should just stay home."

"just ONE more day," seomi replied. "do anything you want there and you won't ever have to go back if you don't want to."

"uhGh FINE," i unintentionally screamed at her.

she looked back at me with wide eyes, like i've never done that before. well that is true, i've never screamed at her for such small things like this before.

"sorry i didn't mean to," i added.

"it's ok it's ok," she pulled me into a hug. "let's go, k?"

i nodded and followed her lead.

although the first thing i did was walk myself to the classroom i always went to, i felt uneasy. i felt like someone was following me. but every time i looked back, there was no one.

per usual, i played the piano. today i was playing something different. i wanted to really forget about hyunjin. he was thinking of me, so why should i waste my time and think of him?

i started playing a few simple notes. a song i heard a few days ago few back in my mind. i started pressing a few keys faster and it became the melody of the song i listened to before.

"how soon do we forget, how we felt?
dealing with emotions, that never left
playing with the hand that we were dealt, in this game," i sang.

i poured my emotions into this one single song. the next few lines i sang, i couldn't relate to more.

"'cause if the water dries up and the moon stops shining
stars fall, and the world goes blind, boy
you know, i'll be savin' my love for you, for you

'cause you're the best mistake I've ever made
but we hold on, hold on
there's no pot of gold in the rainbows we chase
but we hold on, hold on.."

— hyunjin pov (same day | 7:19am)
another day, same hyeri. she's started to get more and more clingy. we often went to shop together, however it felt like it was just me buying her anything and everything she wanted.

it became an annoying habit of hers. to be so honest i didn't like her anymore. day by day, my love for her faded. day by day, i felt like what i was missing were my old friends.

i decided to break up with hyeri today.