20

— youna pov
the bell rang and class was dismissed. friday; and school was finally over. i got up from my seat and walked out to find hyunjin.

when i found him, i was about to call him. just then, i got a text. i pulled out my phone.

@(insert username) sent you a message

i swiped and saw that they sent a photo.

it took me a hot minute to realize that the person in the photo was hyunjin

it took me a hot minute to realize that the person in the photo was hyunjin. (a/n I KNOW IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE HIM AT ALL BUT JUST FOR THE STORY).

i looked up from my phone to find hyunjin happily talking with another girl. of course it didn't bother me at first but then he pecked her on the lips.

i felt shocked, not knowing how to react.

i checked his instagram, only to reveal that all his posts of us together had been deleted.

thus, i finally gathered up the courage to walk up to hyunjin and ask him about it.

"hey. what's this," i asked as i held up my phone for him to see the photo someone had sent me.

"i.." he sounded like he didn't know what to say.

"listen up here you bitch," the girl beside him said. "let me tell you what's up. a month ago i dared him to date you cause we were bored. sorry i forgot that he didn't break up with you yet, but he's my boyfriend."

"he's wilding to make you believe he liked you," she made a smirk and ran her fingers across his jawline.

i looked at hyunjin for any type of reaction. i couldn't believe what i was seeing.

there was no hesitation in his eyes. he looked at me with those eyes. the ones that made me fall so deeply in love with him.

i wasn't crying though. i stood there stunned, not knowing what to do.

what felt like an eternity later, the girl scoffed and dragged hyunjin some place else. he didn't look back.

only then did i feel my heart break. tears escaped from my eyes and ran down my cheeks.

i quickly ran to the restroom so that no one would see or hear me cry. my mind replayed everything that happened, still not comprehending anything.

you could hear the unevenness in my breaths, but not the sound. not the crying. i never knew how to cry out loud in the first place.

the scenes replayed again and again.

"sorry i forgot that he didn't break up with you yet."

"i forgot"? what did that mean. he was telling her everything? why didn't i notice? he was right by me the whole time.

"he didn't break up with you yet"? yet? when was he going to break up with me.

"he's wilding to make you believe he liked you."

"to make you believe he liked you." so he never liked me in the first place.

to make me believe?

"a month ago i dared him to date you."

i thought about when we first met and how we first met.

the pieces came together.

we "met" on instagram. but if she dared him, that meant he planned everything out.