I Think I Got The Girl

ابدأ من البداية

"Theodoric." Brooklyn said warningly. "They are risking their lives to save this goddess. Just leave it and-"

"Shut up!" he roared. He whirled on her again. "You're just as bad! Thinking positive does nothing to help us survive!"

"Hey!" Wyatt yelled over him. "You do not talk to her like that. You have a problem, you leave." Theo glared at him. Wyatt glared back. And without a word, Theo walked away.

I was simmering with rage. That kid had no business telling me off for things he didn't know anything about. But I also knew that we just lost someone who could change the tide of battle should it come, and it will.

"Breathe, Michael," Bianca breathed into my ear. "You're losing your grip on your powers." I looked down and realized that the shadows were condensing around me. I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. The darkness dissolved as I breathed deeply again. I turned to Bianca, who was on my right side.

"Thanks, B," I told her. She smiled.

"Don't thank me yet," she said and turned away. "We've still got to find Athena." Indeed we did. We were no closer to finding Athena, aside from the tracks.

"Everett," Wyatt said to the quiet son of Lelantos.  Everett looked up from the tracks. "Can you lead us to where Athena is hidden?" The kid scanned all of us with his white eyes. Wyatt was holding Brooklyn, who looked to be on the verge of tears. Nora and Alexia seemed to be in shock at the sudden turn of events and Luca stared at where Theo had gone. Lee stood behind me, spinning an arrow in between his fingers, and dad stood tall beside him. Bianca was still on my right, but was standing a little too close to be casual.

He nodded. "I can."

"Then lead the way," Wyatt gestured to the area beyond the tracks. Everett nodded and started following the tracks. I motioned for dad and Lee to go ahead of me, following Alexia and Nora, who were in the back so far. They did without question. I was about to follow when Bianca grabbed my hand and made me wait until they were all out of earshot.

"What's up?" I asked, looking to her. She didn't say anything as she stared up at me with her onyx eyes. Before I could ask again, she grabbed my shirt and pulled me down, smashing her lips against mine.

The kiss was over sooner than I would've liked. Bianca was blushing fiercely and I felt my face glow with heat.

"Incase..." She started. "Incase I don't make it. I didn't want to die without kissing you one last time."

"You're not going to die," I told her. "I promised on the Styx that I would protect you, and even if I hadn't, I would still protect you." I cupped her face in my hands, stroking her cheek with my thumb. "Bianca Di Angelo, I love you. I have since I first met you. Not being able to see you for years after I fell for you killed me. Hearing that you had died almost did, but now you are back, and I am not going to let you go again. I promise on my sister's life." Her eyes widened.

"You mean Este-"

"No. I don't."

She stared at me. She lifted her own hand up and cupped my face.

"Then keep me safe," she ordered. And then shadow traveled us  to where the others were.

Lee raised a brow as we untangled from each other. Bianca caught up with Luca and began talking with him, throwing me a smile over her shoulder as she did.

"Do I even want to know?" Lee asked from beside me. I gave him a look before walked on. "I guess not."

After a couple minutes, we came across an abandoned warehouse where the tracks ended. We all stared up at the ominous building.