Chapter 3

Lydia and Carrie arrived home about the same time. Lydia unlocked the door and they walked in. Lydia put her backpack down by the door and said, "Hey, how about a quick snack before we start getting ready for tonight?"

"Ok, sounds cool to me." Carrie said, quickly heading to the kitchen.

After a bowl of Cookies and Crème Ice Cream and a fruit smoothie, both girls were ready to get down to work. They spent most of the two hours getting the house clean and ready for the sleepover. Then, Lydia gave Carrie the task of getting the sleeping bags ready, while she prepared the snacks and looked through the newspapers for pizza place coupons. With only about ten minutes before the guests were to arrive, Lydia asked Carrie to sit down so she could talk to her.

"Sis, I know you haven't wet the bed in three years or so, but would you do me a big favor, just for tonight?" Lydia asked quietly

Carrie saw this coming, but knew that if Lydia's plan went all the way, she would be sorry. "I'm not sure what your getting at, but what's the favor?" Carrie said, wearily looking at Lydia

Lydia heaved a sigh and pulled something from behind her back, it was a Goodnites. Carrie jumped back and yelled, "What do you think I am, a baby? I'm not wearing a diaper!"

Lydia knew her plan wouldn't work if her sister didn't wet, so she looked sad and said, "I know it's an awful lot to ask, but nobody will know, and we're gonna take a quick nap when the girls get her, so we're wide awake later. Please, just so nothing goes wrong?"

Lydia looked so sincere and Carrie knew she was covered, in case of a problem so, she figured she'd play along with it, until it go too weird. Carrie looked up at her sister, dejectedly and said, "Ok, but you gotta promise me that you won't tell your friends. I'm only doing this cause I wanna make you happy." Carrie stuck out her lower lip and gave a pouty expression.

Carrie's expression was so sad, that Lydia almost called off the joke. She was about to tell Carrie all about it and stop the whole thing, when the first guest arrived, it was Angie.

Angie burst through the back door and called into the house, "Ello, anyone there?"

Lydia quickly passed Carrie the Goodnites and told her to go upstairs and slip it on. As soon as Carrie was out of sight, Angie pulled Lydia close and whispered to her, "I got Weston diapers, size 7. They're SOOOO CUTE!" and she pulled one from her overnight bag. The diaper was white, with pink trim, there were cartoonish characters on the waistband and the whole thing practically reeked of baby powder.

"Perfect." Lydia said "She'll look so adorable in this!"

From the top of the stairs, Carrie watched Lydia and Angie as they fawned over the cuteness of the diaper. She knew right there and then, that her sister was still going to go through with the prank. Silently, she cried. She couldn't believe that her sister would do something as mean as this. She quickly dried her eyes and slipped on the Goodnites. She then made a big show of stomping down the stairs, so Lydia and Angie would have time to put the diaper away.

Angie heard Carrie coming down the stairs and quickly stuffed the diaper back into her bag. Lydia bent down to her sister and said, "Do you have it on?" Carrie nodded and blushed slightly.

The other two girls arrived in short order, and Lydia managed, both times, to get Carrie out of the room while she asked Gabby and Tammy if they were ready for the "party". Gabby had hidden the stroller outside, but said she could only get a few supplies, and no clothes. Tammy chimed in, saying that it was ok, she got some baby clothes from one of the families she babysat for, which was good because they were girl clothes, a dress, some rompers and three onsies. Once all the girls had arrived, Lydia laid out the plan.

"First, we are gonna take a quick nap. Carrie thinks it's so we can stay up later tonight, but it's just so we can make her wet the Goodnites she's wearing. Once she wets the Goodnites, we can suggest she wear diapers to bed. Later, I'll bring sodas in glasses out, Carrie gets the blue glass. It will have half a sleeping pill in it. After she's asleep, we can dress her in the sleeper, and baby clothes, I pulled the playpen mom stores in the attic down and put it in her room. We'll put her to sleep in it and tomorrow, the fun will begin."