"by the way, detective patch asks if you can keep your hands off her crime scene," florence said before diego got to the door.

"she mentioned that she had met you yesterday. you left a good impression, i tell you that. i went to see her this morning."

"do i hear wedding bells?" florence teased her older brother.

"we tried a relationship and it didn't work out. so no, you don't hear wedding bells," diego laughed.

"whatever you say. i'll be down in a second. she seems lovely, though."

"yeah, she is."

luther, diego and florence all stood outside of the van that five had last been seen in. although there was no sign of him through the window, there might be a clue to where he was now.

as luther and diego squabbled over who should go in first, florence slid the back door across.

before she could get in though, diego jumped in.

"oh yeah, after you," she scoffed sarcastically.

they all looked around the van for a bit, trying to find anything that would give away five's next move.

"weren't you with him last night, flo? surely he must've said something about where he was going," luther asked with furrowed brows.

"no, he just said to meet him back at the house because it 'wouldn't take long'." she quoted what five had said to her the night before.

she picked up a book that was lay in the back and started flicking through the pages. a lot of scribblings were in there. diego snatched it out of her hands.

florence rolled her eyes at diego's behaviour.

what had gotten his dick in a twist?

after a moment, he whistled through his teeth and turned the book around to show luther and florence.

"i think i know how we can find five."

a lot of jottings were on the page and she couldn't make sense of them herself, but she guessed diego did.

"what are we waiting for? let's go and find him."

a few hours later, the trio were still looking for five. they stopped outside of a library. this was the last place that diego had taken them to look.

"are you sure he might be here?" florence asked diego, confused on why he thought that five might be there.

"well, there's no harm in looking." they walked in through the entrance doors.

"i'm thinking we should split up. flo, you take the ground floor, diego takes the second floor, i'll take the third floor. when you're done, meet on the top floor." luther said, his leader side coming out.

florence started to walk around the bottom floor. she looked around all of the bookshelves, by the computers and she even went into the men's toilets to see if five was in there.

but still, no luck.

by the time she got to the top floor, diego and luther were already waiting there.

"any luck?" florence asked as she walked into their conversation.

"do you ever shut up?" luther ignored florence, aiming his comment towards diego.

he actually shut up, which was a first for both luther, florence and himself.

however, diego started to walk towards something he had heard or seen.

florence and luther followed him curiously.

diego and luther stood in front of florence after they had stopped, accidentally blocking her view from the sight they were seeing.

"is he..." luther trailed off.

"as drunk as a skunk," diego confirmed. she heard a slight groan and the sound of a bottle clanking onto the floor.

florence had gotten irritated by the two large men standing in front of her, so she pushed past both of them.

there he was.

five was leant up against the glass with bits of paper lying around him. an alcohol bottle lay beside him.

he was, as diego had put it, as drunk as a skunk.

florence went to his side almost immediately to check that he wasn't hurt.

a voice came from the door to the room that they were stood next to.

"is he okay?" a young girl, probably around the same age as florence, came running up to them and began to feel around five's jawline. she was probably checking for a pulse.

only florence was allowed to touch his jawline.

florence pulled him away from the girl's touch, feeling overly possessive.

"yes, thank you very much. he's fine. now, if you don't stop touching him, i will freeze your eyeballs. is that clear, sweetie?" florence bitterly said to the now-scared girl with a sarcastic smile.

the girl nervously nodded and ran back into the room that she had come out of. florence smiled in victory without even noticing.

she turned to face her older brothers. they stood there, looking at her, stunned by what had just happened.

they had never seen her like that before.

obliviously, she asked,

"why are you looking at me like that?"

there sadly won't be anymore 2am updates anymore until the weekend because school starts tomorrow lmao. i'll try to update everyday when i come back though. thanks for reading!