chapter 21

"Katniss let's GO!" Annie screams from the deck. We're going out onto our property to cut down a Christmas tree.

"Chill your snatch!" I yell back. Peeta comes into the room wearing his jacket and jeans and cowboy boots that I begged him to get, and he did, and he looks so hot in them. In two days, everyone is flying out here to spend Christmas with us, and that includes our friends from DC. We're decorating for Christmas today. Annie got Finnick to get them, and they're turning a little bit more country boy than city slicker.

Also, and I didn't even realize it, but being in the country has made my Texan accent start to come back. I only noticed because Finnick said I sounded different.

It's only natural I'd have an accent.

"Honey, you aren't even dressed." Peeta says when he sees in my in underwear and a bra.

"I can't find a thing to wear!" I say. He smiles and I grab a pink and black plaid shirt and yank it on, buttoning it, screaming at Annie to get the dick out of her ass because she's yelling at me to hurry up again.

I pull my brown leather jacket on and my jeans and my boots and braid my hair as I storm outside.

"Ready?" she asks. I nod.

Peeta and Finnick aren't allowed to ride with us. I refused to let them, insisting we're not riding then everywhere. I go trudging through the snow to the barn. It's almost knee deep.

"What do we do about this snow?" Peeta asks.

"Deal with it." I reply.

I get on Oreo and make the guys get on horses. Annie mounts hers and I explain how to control the horse. They nod and I trot out of the barn.

I have a saw attached to my horses' saddle.

We run around for a while and then I stop at a tree.

It's perfect.

"What about that one?" I point. We all agree, and we take turns sawing. When it falls, we tie it to all four of our horses and we gallop. Peeta and Finn are freaking out, so Annie and I are pulling them.

We work hard but manage to put the tree up after rearranging everything. Annie and I set up the train set that Nana had and passed down to me. Annie got her tree stand, which we're using. They're both super important. She'll be coming.

We show the guys out to work the train, and they play with it.

Annie and I go Christmas shopping for everyone together.

Peeta and Finn are decorating for Christmas. We're decorating the tree together but they're decorating the yard.

When we pull up, I smile. It's dark. The lights are lit all over the house, all the way around the wrap around porch. The Santa's sleigh that Annie got from Aunt Karen when she moved out is on the roof, and my Santa is going into the chimney. I got that from Mama and Daddy when I moved out.

Peeta and Finnick have decorations in the yard. It's so pretty. I almost start crying. Annie and I put our gifts hidden in the hayloft.

They even decorated the back deck and the barn, even on the inside.

We go in the house and the inside is decorated and the house is warm and the fireplace is lit and it smells like cookies.

I start crying as I shut the door.

"Why are you crying?" Annie asks as we hang our coats up in the coat closet by the door and put our shoes in the closet. We walk into the living room, and Peeta comes in from the kitchen.