chapter 14

I'm driving, and it's so weird.

"God." Maple whispers. "I haven't seen this place in four years. I miss it."

"I know." I mumble. I'm in my signature plaid shirt, brown jacket, dark jeans, and cowgirl boots. The same outfit I was in the day I met Peeta. He keeps looking at me. I think it's cute we go back together and I was in the same outfit I wore the same day.

Mama and Daddy still own the house Maple and I grew up in. Greasy Sae takes care of the animals, but she doesn't live there.

We pull in the driveway, and all of us just sit there and stare. The fields are dusty, and I miss them.

Coming back here makes me realize how much I miss it.

It's quiet. There are no city lights, and not any loud city noises.

It's home, and I love it.

My horse had babies right before we left.

I don't even go in the house. I jump that old fence that I jumped so many times, and I run to the barn. Annie and Maple follow me. Jacob, Finnick, and Peeta don't. They've never been here, not even Jacob.

My horse died. Sae had called Mama and told her, and I cried. I stand there and shut my eyes as all the memories come rushing back.

Even the scent is amazing.

We stand there, side by side.

After walking around, we go see the cows, and then the chickens.

We look at the bare field in front of us, and I look at Annie.

"Wanna see if we can still do it?" I ask.

She nods, and we take off running, and jump, and do six back hand springs, and then a back flip, and then we land it, and we high five.

Maple, Jacob, Peeta, and Finnick start clapping.

We run back to join the girls.

"I miss this so much." Annie says, and Maple and I nod.

"We can move here one day Maple." Jacob says.

Peeta nods. "Yeah, a cute innocent comes out in you when you're here." Peeta says, and Finnick nods. I walk up to the door and on instinct, I reach above the doorframe for the key, and I'm kind of surprised when I find it.

Mama and Daddy must have forgotten it.

I open the glass door and then unlock the wood one, and I open the door, and the memories come flooding back. I put the key back, and I walk in.

The dining room is directly to my right, and the entrance to it is arched. I'm standing in the living room, and the pictures are all over the wall.

On my left is the kitchen. In there, there are two doors. One is a small pantry, and the other is a bathroom. There's a glass back door that's covered with curtains.

We all look around.

"You grew up here?" Peeta asks.

I nod, and then smirk. "Mama had me right there." I point to a spot on the floor.

"Are you serious?" he asks.

I laugh and shake my head. "No."

Under the stairs, there's a door, and leads down to the basement, which has the laundry room. It's not finished. We just use it for storage.

I go up the stairs, and right in front of me is Mama and Daddy's room. They have a bathroom in there.

You walk down, and the first door on the right is Prim's room. Maple opens it, and we laugh. The Jonas Brothers was all she cared about at eleven.

A Time For Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें