Chapter Twenty Five ~You lied, Jace~

Start from the beginning

                I got out of bed and shimmed on a pair of undies and a pair of blue jeans and put a bra on under Jace’s black shirt. I anxiously sat on the bed waiting. I gasped as I heard more screams. They sounded like women, even some sounded like children. I was about to race out of the room when the door was ripped open. Lane was standing there, sweaty, shirtless, and breathless.

                “Luna you must come with me,” he rushed in one breath.

                “Why?” I asked. “What’s going on?”

                “We’re under attack,” he breathed. “Rouges. Jace wants you out of the area as quickly as possible.”

                “But what about him? What about the pack?”

                “I’m sorry Luna,” he apologized. “I have my orders from the Alpha. I have permission to use force if you won’t come willingly.”

                “I can’t leave him!” I refused. I rushed to Lane trying to get around him, but he grabbed my waist and threw me over his shoulder. I pounded my hands against his back but he wouldn’t let me go. “Let go! I have to get to Jace!”

                “I’m sorry Luna,” he mumbled. He ran down the stairs and I could see bodies littering the floor, and blood splashed across the walls. “Luna, close your eyes!”

                I squeezed my eyes shut, not being able to stand the sight of so much carnage. Lane rushed out of the pack house and threw me into a small four-door car. He quickly made his way to the driver’s seat. When he was in, he didn’t even bother putting his seat belt on. He just hit the gas and peeled away from the house and onto the long road.

                “Where are we going?” I asked, scared out of mind.

                I watched as a creepy grin pulled at his lips. “We’re going someplace special, sis,” he said. My eyebrows furrowed together before I felt a cloth go around my mouth. I struggled and accidently breathed in the chloroform. I tried to keep my eyes open, but I couldn’t.

***************************

Jace

                As I ripped the throat out of the last rouge the pack warriors howled in victory. The few rouges that hadn’t been killed fled, leaving us victorious. I knew I should’ve felt elated, I mean, we won, but I couldn’t help but feel something was wrong. Must be because I’m not next to Alex, especially since we mated last night.

                I huffed and shifted, pulling on a pair of gym shorts that were thrown my way.

                “We will celebrate our victory tonight!” I announced, making all the men that had shifted howl in excitement.