Chapter 3

Ok so telling Abby about Mr. Nickels was probably not the best idea cause after that day she kept avoiding him and running the other way at school. Real smooth Abby, we had started walking home together and trying to find out why Mr. Nickels was kidnapping children.

"Maybe he works for an adoption service and he kidnaps boys for other families." Abby suggested one day.

"Abby he works as a vice-principle not for an adoption service." I said sighing she came up with the strangest answers. "But you do have something"

"What?"

"He kidnaps boys only." 2 more boys had gone missing. "And they're all in my year. One was a friend of mine other than Joseph."

"We'll talk about this later, I have to go bye!" Abby said as we close to my house.

"Hi I’m home!" I said as I walked in the door.

"Hi how was your day?" Said my mother as I hugged her.

"It was fine, I'm so worried about Jake."

"Well I know you, what theory do you have?" Said my mother as we walked into the living room. My father was sitting in his favorite armchair reading the newspaper.

"Well my theory is that Mr. Nickels are new vice principal has kidnapped him along with Davy. Also two more boys have disappeared. But we know two things one all the boys are my age and two there are all boys and three they all see Mr. Nickels before they disappear." I said in the carrying voice.

"That's three things honey." My mother said chuckling.

"But why would Mr. Nickels be kidnapping boys?" Said my father looking at me about his newspaper.

"We don't know why, but we do know that Mr. Nickels has something to do with it."

"But Mr. Nickels is a fine man, he went to school with me when we're younger." Said my father, but out of the corner of my eye I could see my mother shooting my father a look.

"I didn't know you a Mr. Nickels went to school together." I said confused.

"Yes but only for high school he was one of the smartest kids in our year." Said my father.

"Would you know a reason to why she would want boys my age?" I asked my father.

"No I do not know." My father said my mother glared at him again. "Marianna I think you're overreacting why would a grown man require young boys your age?" My father questioned me.

"Well Abby thinks that she runs an adoption service outside school and that she steals the boys from school to give to the foster parents." I said to my father making it sound ridiculous.

"Well what I can tell you now is that if Mr. Nickels is a fine man who does not need a second job." My father told at me.

"Well not like I believe her!" I said in a high voice to my father.

"Now now children calmed down." My mother said patting the air in front of her.

"Well you asked me." I said to my mother and I stopped off to my room.