Chapter 2

I enter my room with its black walls and red crown molding. I hop on my bed that my dad had custom made to be in the shape of a coffin, with a matching mattress awesome I know. It's bigger than Jakes' bed. Mom says I'll grow into it. I think it's awesome but strange.

I've seen Abby's room; I can't believe how much she loves lavender. Her sheets are lavender, her clock is lavender and even her desk is lavender. I guess that's her style. Me I like dark dark colours with flashes of crimson.

I pick up my favourite book, The Summer I Turned Pretty, mom says that it going to happen to me. When I turn 15 in a couple of weeks this summer mom will finally teach me how to make the red sauce and dad says that I will become a true Jones. Sucks! Each time I ask to go outside and play he says yes but he gives me a dirty look as if he's not sure if I'm his kid. It makes me think if I really am his kid.

The next day after school I went to Jake's house to see why he and Abby weren’t outside as they normally are. Abby answered the door. She was crying.

"Abby what is it?"

"Jake is gone." she stuttered out.

"What do you mean gone?" I ask

"He didn't come home from school. Mom and dad called all of his friends and he was not at any of their houses." She sniffs

"Well he's not at my house and I'm always with him at school... Except?" I thought out loud.

"Except what? Do you know something?"

"Well do you remember Davy Monstem? You had a crush on him."

"Yeah didn't he and his family go to Africa?"

“Yeah but before he left he went to see the new vice-principle Mr.Nickels."

"OK, but what that has to do with Jake?"

"Before the last bell Jake had to go to Mr.Nickels office. So when I left school I thought he was still with Mr.Nickels so I left." I told her trailing off. I look at Abby with what I thought was a terrified face.

"What! What is it Marianna?"

"Just like Davy..."

"But that can't be Jake's 14 he can't go to Africa and anyway we're not going."

"But what surprises me is that I saw Davy's family at the super market last week and they weren't in Africa but Davy wasn't with them." I said confused

"Well what does it mean? He could have come visiting" Abby asked

"After a month away, that's too short a time span"

"Then what do you think is going on?" Abby cried at me she was always so slow that's why Jake didn't care if she played with us but now I had to slow down and explain it to her.

"Ok so Mr. Nickels is new Kay." she nodded "And there are only two boys that have disappeared and both have seen Mr. Nickels before going missing..." she looked confused. "RECENTLY!" I urged.

"OMG Mr. Nickels is eating children." she exclaimed.

"What! No wait when did I say he was eating them?"

"You said super market and I'm hungry sorry. I mean OMG Mr. Nickels has kidnapped children!" She cried. I just put my palm to my forehead and sighed.

Please vote if you find this story interesting it takes 5 seconds (unless your computer is slow then I completely understand.)

Like ya! Arianna