"Yes, but I don't have a bow. Should I try to make one?"

I retrieved the compound bow from storage I pick out for her earlier and presented it to her. Her eyes intently assessed the bow.

"This is a strange bow." She commented.

"Yes, but It should do the job pretty well."

"Also master has an item box skill. That's a very rare gift."

"Yes please don't tell anyone about it."

"Yes, it's best to not. Can I test the bow?"

"Sure, just remember to try not to lose the arrow if you can. Would you like me to show you how it works? And what do you mean by its best not to? "

"No thank you, I think I got it. Other people tend to abuse people with that skill, some just ask a lot of the user and others would go as far as trying to enslave the skill holder."

"I see."

She stood up, and knocked an arrow on the string and tested the draw.

"It's so smooth, it's even better than the bow of elven nobles." She was muttering to herself and I just sat and watched.

She finally pulled the arrow in and aimed, I looked to see what she was aiming at, and it was a horned rabbit, but it was more than fifty yards away.

She couldn't be aiming for that right?

She released the arrow and it whistled as it pierced the sky spiraling towards the very rabbit I gave her no chance of hitting. Then a thunk sound was followed by the cry of a rabbit and then silence. I packed our picnic up and walked to retrieve the arrow.

As I approached the rabbit I was taken aback to find not only did she hit it from fifty yards away, but the arrow pierce the rabbit's neck and nailed it to the ground.

"That was amazing Vera."

"Thanks, Master, but with this bow and these arrows it was no biggie."

She grabbed the rabbit by the horn and said, "Today, I will make lunch for us."

This was my first time being so close to one, they were normally pretty skittish and avoided us as we walked. The closest one I have seen was when I was above it the 3rd-floor balcony of the apartment. Its horn was almost twice as long as its body; I'd say about twenty inches and at its thickest point was about as thick as my thumb.

"Thanks, I don't know how to prepare rabbit, but I'm more than willing to try it."

The quiver I gave her had a place where the Bow could be strapped and we continued our walk.

I plan was to gently glean as much information as I could.

"So did you hunt a lot in your world?"

"I wouldn't say that no, not any more than usual. About ten rabbits a week."

"How long have you been doing that?"

"The last fifty years or so."

Fifty years........

"Wow that's a long time; I guess its true elves do live long."

Then her demeanor changed, the energy a vibe she had was gone. Blown away like a leaf in the wind and her head hung as she watched her feet while she walked.

"What's wrong?"

"Master, I have a confession. Please forgive me, I've meant to correct you, but I never got the chance. Truth is I'm not an elf."