Vera Final Part

AN: I'm really having fun with this project. It's interesting to compare it to my Reincarnated as a created player story. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Vera, do you know how to use any weapons?"

"Hmm, I use to use a bow to hunt food."

"You use to hunt? What about your parents?"

I knew I was approaching a very delicate area, but it was information I should try to get sooner or later.

"I never had parent.....My grandma raised me in the forest, but she said I should be self-sufficient and know how to do stuff myself."

I was happy to see her demeanor didn't change when I asked about her parents, but I didn't understand what she meant by saying she didn't have any parents.

Our walked continued and our landscape alternated almost randomly from a full cityscape to lush grasslands every so often. I couldn't determine what caused some areas to change while others remained the same, but if the cause of this truly is divine intervention as I anticipated, logic may not matter here.

I did our best to keep us away from anything that set off my danger sense because I wanted to keep Vera safe and I was prioritizing that over leveling up for the time being.

It wasn't only goblins that needed to be feared anymore. There weren't any other predatorial monster that I came across or that I detected in this area, but some of the herbivores were very territorial.

While we were walking I was mentally going through my inventory for a bow that would be small enough for her to use. I was pretty sure I had a youth bow in my storage I took from my store. Archery or hunting, in general, was something a lot of parents were interested in sharing with their kids so we kept a few youth sets on hand.

"Ah, I found one."

Bows were very different from guns that were pretty much on size fits all. Bows had to fit the user properly or it would affect its accuracy and power.

We walked from about 8 am to 1 pm and I decided it was time for us to take a break. I stopped under a tree that provided us shade from the sunlight while I rolled out a blanket picnic style and passed out the sandwiches I prepared beforehand. For such a small frame Vera proved to be a big eater, she wasn't at the level of being a bottomless pit, but she ate as if she was trying to make up for every meal she ever missed.

While we stopped I took out thirty aluminum arrow shafts, and steel three blade broadheads. These were the highest quality material we had in the store and would cost more than $500 to produce. Any archer would cringe to see these going to a child.

Vera watched every move I made to prepare the arrows in a semi memorized state. The arrows came in two parts. The shaft was the body of the arrow and the broadhead was basically the arrowhead. Different kinds of arrowheads were used for different situation or wildlife, so it made sense for them to be removable.

To make the arrow I screwed the broadhead I wanted on to the body of the shaft, this required a set of tools; I thankful had. Because broadheads were very sharp and designed to pierce thick layers of skin and muscle it wasn't recommended to use your bare hands to screw them in.

Once I was finished I produced a black quiver bag from my storage where I placed the arrows.

"Vera listen, these are yours. These a very dangerous and not a toy please do not play with them. Also, it will be very hard to get more so always try and retrieve the arrows you can do you understand?"