Chapter 5

If i forgot to mention, Tom is 17 in this, so 2 years older then you are. I just don't date men my age haha sorryyyyy.

Also if the last line doesn't make sense, its because tom isn't sure what his feelings are yet. SO DON'T BE IFFY WITH THAT LAST LINE THANKS

(Y/n) POV

On Saturday morning I woke up, checking my phone to see if Tom had texted me.

Morning gorgeous. You excited for the date today?

I grinned. This guy.

Of  course I'm excited. I can't wait. I responded

I got up, pulling some cozy pajama pants on and going to the bathroom. No one else was awake, so I decided to make some breakfast for my family.

I kept it simple, cooking was hard. I threw in some canned grands biscuits into the oven, then made a packet of powdered gravy where you just add some water while its in a pan on the stove and it becomes the perfect gravy mix for biscuits and gravy.

By the time everything was done, my dad came out to the kitchen, walking like a zombie as he grabbed his big coffee cup and began making his coffee.

I set out plates for everyone so that we could have breakfast, then I would go and hang out with Tom. Usually my overprotective mom wouldn't be of approval, but she had work today and my dad let me do anything, as long as he didn't know I was going on a date he wouldn't care.

Mom came down a few minutes later dressed for work. When she saw the food she smiled, taking a seat and putting her stuff down. "Morning sweetheart." When she said this, dad chimed in too. "Morning bunny."

"Morning Mom, morning Dad." I greeted them in response. The three of us sat down, boy was it nice being an only child. We all served up biscuits and gravy for ourselves, then began eating quietly.

My mom was first to finish, then I finished second. My dad ate more than us so while he was finishing up I began doing the dishes. My mom did last minute things before work, then hugged my dad and myself before leaving. Phew, she was gone.

I got up, sprinting to my room and changing into some skinny jeans, a shirt that was my favorite color with my favorite fruit on it, and some put on some socks. I ran a hand through my hair afterwards and did my normal beauty routine. When I was satisfied with it all, I ran back into the kitchen to dry off the clean dishes and put them away so my dad wouldn't bug me about it later.

Once all my chores were done, I ran to wherever my dad was. "Dad, I'm gonna go out skateboarding okay?"

"Okay bunny, see you later." He said, I ran out of the room and grabbed my phone. I texted Tom as I left the house.

Hey Tom, should I meet you at the park or at your place?

I began skateboarding in the general direction of the park. His house was on the far side of the park so I would have to go there either way.

Just meet me at the park. Tom soon responded.

I responded with a quick 'Okay' then continued walking. I was there a minute later and skated towards the swings. They were a little far from the spot we met, but when he showed up I would walk back over there. No biggie.

I waited for about five minutes, then I saw someone driving in the parking lot of the school yard.

The window of the car rolled down, and Tom's head popped out looking around for me then waving. "(Y/n) come here!" He yelled at me. I grinned, this guy was such a dork.