Making a deal

It had already been a week and everything was back to normal. Jungkook didn't talk much, but then again, was he very talkative in general? No. He seemed to be fine and I tried to forget our talk in the car last Friday. It had only left an awkward feeling between Jungkook and me. He also didn't seem to need my help anymore, because he had literally not said a word about the party or his brother, so I guess he figured everything out himself. He kept his word and sent me the money Friday night, and I've used this week trying to decorate my new apartment. I knew my family were busy, back home in Busan, so I asked my best girl friend for help, and thanks to Jieun, my apartment is almost finished. All I need is a few things here and there, but overall, I'm actually done. 

I looked up from my computer and my eyes slowly made their way to the closed office door. Jungkook didn't show up to work today, but he sent me a mail about things I needed to do during the day, and told me that I could go home when I was done. 

I just finished my last task and looked at the time.

2:15 PM.

Perfect. A smile spread across my lips, I wouldn't be late to see my friend. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he forgot that I would make a visit today, but that didn't matter.

I started packing my things before heading out of the office, and towards one of my best friends.

***

After a quick stop at the convenience store, I made my way to the children's hospital. After visiting so often, I knew exactly where to find him, so I stepped out of the elevator, and searched for his room. A smile appeared on my lips when I made it to his door, and I pushed it open, to see him laying on his bed, watching the TV.

"Hey buddy" I smiled and closed the door behind me, and I was welcomed with a huge smile as he noticed my presence, and he turned off the TV.

"Y/N! I didn't know you would come today!" Woojin said and sat up.

"I promised, didn't I?" I walked towards his bed and he seemed to quickly notice what I brought with me.

"What's that?" he pointed to the bag in my hands, probably already knowing what's in it. I've bought him so many of these, he should be familiar with this already.

"It's for you." I placed the bag on his bed and he was quick to look inside it. An even bigger smile appeared on the 9 year-old's face, and he pulled out one of the banana milks.

"Yes! You're the only one who brings me these, my mom says it's synthetic.. whatever that means" he started opening one of the drinks as I sat down on a chair next to him, and I couldn't help but giggle at him. I love children.

"Well, then it's our secret." I put a finger over my mouth and he agreed with an intense nod.

I knew I could trust him with anything, but his parents did, in fact, know I bought these for him. But they've been showing me so much love for visiting their son so much, so at this point, I could give him anything and they wouldn't say a word against it. 

"Guess what.." he paused from sipping on his synthetic drink and turned his body against me with excitement. "My parents said that they will ask the doctors if I can have my playstation in my room!" the excitement in his voice was clear as day. "I know you want me to read more books, especially that old-people-stuff, but it's a little boring" he admitted, and a laugh escaped between my lips.

I had once tried bringing him a book, but he was not impressed, to say the least.

"A playstation? That's so cool! I see that it's time for your drips again?" I pointed to the plastic tube in his arm, connecting him to a plastic bag filled with his fluid medicine.