Alternate Ending

It's finally the night of the dance and I've been getting harassed by a bunch of guys to go with them. I keep telling them I have Draven. Draven has been really good to me. He respects me, loves me, surprises me, and I can only do the same to him. Brooke and I get ready at my house. I get in my sparkly dress, and Brooke helps me with my makeup. We head to the dance. I can feel butterflies in my stomach. Draven puts his hand on my lower back.

"It'll be ok angel. I'll protect you if something happens." Draven says. I lean into him.

"Thank you Draven." We walk inside, and Brooke instantly gets hit on by other girls. She wanted this to happen, I know because she starts playing along, flirting back. Draven gets us some drinks.

"Here you are my lady."

"Well someone's being quite the gentleman." I take the drink and take a sip. I keep seeing Brooke glaring at Draven out of the corner of my eye. As the night continues, some girls start hitting on Draven, and guys start hitting on me.

"Say... why don't you ditch the freak. I'll show you a good time." a random guy says to me. His breath reeks of alcohol. Needless to say Draven punches him in the face.

"Mine. Back off!" Now he's getting possessive. He keeps his hand around my waist. The music starts to slow down and the lights start to dim. Draven takes my hand and leads me to the middle of the dance floor.

"Draven, what are you doing?" I ask.

"Come on, let's dance. You're not going to humiliate me now are you?" Draven asks. I know he's being a bit manipulative, but I still give in and dance with him.

"I SHIP IT!!! I'm going to kill him, BUT I STILL SHIP IT!!!" Brooke shouts. Draven and I start laughing. Draven relaxes to the point he reveals the fact he's a demon. Everyone's eyes widen. I reveal the fact I'm an angel. An angel and a demon, who knew that they would make a cute couple? We continue to dance and everyone takes out their phones and starts video taping it. When the song ends, Draven dips me and kisses me. Brooke comes up to us. "Ok. Ok. Break it up!"

"You're such a pushover." Draven says. Brooke glares at him.

"What was that?!" She shouts raising her hand. The look at each other dead in the eye.

"Aww. Someone's trying to be threatening. How cute."

"BITCH I'M ADORABLE!!" Brooke lunges at Draven and starts strangling him. It takes me and 4 other people to pry her off him. I help him up.

"Are you ok Draven?" I ask. He struggles to catch his breath.

"Yeah... I'm alright." He takes me out to the balcony. "I'm sorry angel."

"Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong."

"I haven't been honest with you." He looks genuinely sad. "Angel. I'm sorry. I just wanted to make you happy because I died."

"Draven what are you talking about?"

"I'm dying angel. I've been poisoned." Draven starts coughing up blood. He falls to his knees and I sit next to him. My arms wrap around his torso. He's shaking. "I... I love... you angel." He falls to the floor with blood seeping out his mouth.

"DRAVEN!!!" Tears start flowing down my face like mini waterfalls. I put my head on his chest. "I love you. Please... please don't leave me." Brooke sits next to me and puts her hand on my back. I hear something shatter. I look up to see my halo broken into a bunch of tiny pieces. The light is absorbed into Draven. "Draven?" He coughs and opens his eyes.

"Angel?" He looks at me. "Angel what did you do?" He sits up and touches my wing. I didn't realize they were out. "Your wings." I look to see that they went from white as a dove, to as black as a raven. My hair has also changed to long, thick, and white.

"I couldn't let you die." I say with deep sorrow in my voice. He hugs me.

"You gave your light to me? You're a target for hunters now." Draven says. Brooke looks at us.

"Go. I'll buy you some time before they come. Take her to a place she'll be safe! And take care of her!!" Brooke demands.

"I will!" Draven replies with determination. He helps me up and we fly away. I look back one last time to see a scared look on my father's face. I wave to him, and he waves back. Draven takes me away to live out the rest of our lives in the underworld.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I finished the book already, but this was my original idea, where Sam gives up her light to save Draven, he stays a demon, and she becomes a fallen angel. Now finally,
THE END.