Chaper 1

DISCLAIMER:
I don't own any (except for the cover) pictures used in this story.

I'm a young girl, age 16, my name is Sam, with short dirty blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and I've had an interesting life. At age 3 I lost my mom by my abusive/drunk father. I have one friend, Brooke, her household isn't that much better than mine. Both of her parents don't like her all that much, but at least they're not kicking her out of her house whenever she has a different opinion about something. She's been there for me ever since I was about 4.

Brooke is a feisty girl, her favourite colour is blue, that's what I call her sometimes, she dyes her hair blue, she mostly wears black, she has brown hair normally, green eyes, and is very overprotective. Like she will beat anyone to a bloody pulp that dares to hurt me. So needless to say, she's a pretty awesome friend.

Today is the first day of grade 11, only a couple years until I can finally leave this hell hole. I take a deep sigh, and continue to get ready. I grab my sketchbook, and shove it in my bag. I walk outside, and see my father passed out drunk on the couch. I quietly make my way to the kitchen to make my lunch. Once I'm finished, I walk out the door and make my way to school.

"Sam!! Get over here!!" Brooke shouts. Her sudden appearance startles me. She wraps her arm around my shoulder.
"Brooke... don't scare me like that. Also... that hurt..." I say.

"You need to grow some self confidence my girl." Brooke literally drags me into my class. We sit down in our assigned seats. I put my head down on my desk. Let this day end without incident. The bell rings and the teacher walks through the door obviously not caring about the well-being of her students. The hours drag on, I lay my head back down and the teacher is either in a mood where she doesn't care, or she's too lazy to wake me up. I sleep through 3 classes and I'm not punished in the slightest way. I wake up to something hitting my face.

"Sam... Sam... Sam... WAKE UP!!!" Brooke went from poking my face to violently shaking me.

"I'M AWAKE!!" I reply.

"Good, now... let's go get a fancy thing I like to call food." She grabs my wrist and drags me out of my chair. "UUUGGG!!! There's nothing good in this crummy place!!! Let's go find some actual food... TO THE MOTORBIKE!!!"

"Since when did you have a motorbike?" I ask.

"I may or may not have have stolen it from my dad." Why am I even surprised by this?

"When Did you even get this anyway?"

"I told the teacher I needed to 'use the restroom' and bolted to my place to get my dad's bike." Again... why am I even surprised? We hop on the bike and go down town to get some food. We drive past some nice restaurants. Where is she even taking us? We stop at a local cafe.

"I'm assuming you need coffee?" I ask.

"No. You do." Brooke replies.

"You know I don't drink coffee."

"Too bad, if I can't sleep in class, then neither can you." She grabs my wrist and pulls me into the cafe. It's a little busy. We walk up to the counter. There's a young girl behind it. Very clearly not giving a single damn about her job. She lets out a groan.

"Alright. What the fuck do you two bitches want?" the girl says with a bitchy attitude.

"Ok then bitch... cut the attitude and give me my fucking coffee and make it quick or I'll slam your face into the counter." Brooke says.

"Good luck trying fucker." Brooke punches the girl in the face.

"Have you learned your lesson?? Good now get me my god damn coffee!!" The girl is taken out of the building. And somehow no one bothers with us. Maybe they're scared that Brooke will do something to them too. Our coffee is delivered to us by the manger.

"Here's your dink's ladies. I'm sorry for the rudeness shown by the employee." the manager says. Brooke without hesitation takes the coffees from his hands.

"Why thank you." We turn away and she hands me my coffee. I take a small sip of my coffee. "Let's hope the door hits the bitch in the ass on the way out." I nearly spit out my coffee. "You're supposed to drink your coffee, not choke on it."

"God damn it Brooke." We finish our coffee and head to... the park? "Ummm.... Brooke what are we doing here?"

"Oh please, no one wants to sit in a boring fucking classroom for about 7 hours and listen to a bunch of stupid shit that no one will ever actually use in a real life situation." We lay down in the grass for a little while. When it gets close to sunset she takes me back to my street. I start walking down to my home. I take a deep breath and walk through the door. My father is sitting on a chair in the kitchen.

"Where the hell have you been?" my father asks with a low growl.

"I was at school. I had a lot of studying to catch up on and didn't want to disturb your sleep." I reply trying desperately to hide the shakiness in my voice.

"YOU LIAR!!" My father gets up from his chair and before I can duck out the door, my father grabs my wrist the throws me to the floor. He stomps his foot on my back. I scream out in anguish, and tears start dwelling in my eyes. He kicks my side and almost breaks my arm. "You're pathetic." He walks to his room locking the door behind him. I slowly start to get off the floor. I limp my way to my room, flop on my bed and cry. I want this hell to end.