Chapter 7

I wake up on my bed, staring at the ceiling. It's still pitch black. I get out of bed and walk to my door. I giggle the handle. It's locked. My feet feel wet. I look down to see the room filling up with blood. It makes me float to the top and I can feel myself losing air as I drown. Just when things are about to go black, my eyes shoot open and I find myself crying, shaking, and sweating profusely. My father comes running into my room.

"Sam?! What happened?!" my father asks.

"I-I-I-I." I'm unable to respond I'm shaking so much. My father hugs me and tries to comfort me.
"Sshhh, you're ok. You're alright." He strokes my hair, and kisses the top of my head. My father manages to calm me down enough for me to speak coherently. "Now... what happened?"

"I-I w-was... drowning." My father looks worried.

"It's alright. It was just a nightmare."

"It felt real." My father continues to comfort me. He manages to put me back to sleep, and I'm out for the rest of the night.

I wake up to the sunlight peaking through my curtains. I open my eyes completely to see my father opening my curtains. He turns to me and gives me a gentle smile.

"Good morning Sam. Did you sleep well after that incident?" my father asks.

"Yeah." I sit up and run my eyes.

"Draven and Brooke came here to pick you up for school, however I told them that you weren't feeling to well." I guess I'm staying home today. My father puts the back of his hand on my forehead. "You do feel a little warm." My head feels fuzzy. I fall backwards and back asleep.

Draven's POV:

"I wonder what happened to angel." I say.

"Why do you keep calling her angel?" Brooke asks.

"Well she's an angel. I still wonder if she's ok."

"Her dad did seem fairly concerned when he talked to us this morning. Did she get sick?" My poor angel. I really hope she's ok.

~TIME SKIP! BECAUSE SCHOOL IS BORING!~

Brooke and I head to angel's place. My mind has been flooded with thoughts of angel. Brooke knocks on the door, and Desman answers the door.

"Hello Desman. Is Sam ok?" I ask.

"She's been throwing up all day, she's been sweating like crazy, her throat is burning. I called an ambulance to see if something was severely wrong. They ended up taking her to the hospital." I think I just felt my heart stop. Brooke drives the three of us to the hospital. We're escorted into the room that Sam is in.

"Sam! What happened?! Are you ok?!" Brooke asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine. The doctors ran some tests on me, and say that I had either a panic attack, or a PTSD attack." Sam replies.

"You have PTSD?" Brooke asks.

"It's unclear as to what happened to me."

"We should probably let you rest." Desman says.

"Do you want us to bring you something?" I ask.

"Ice cream. My throat is still burning." Sam replies. Brooke grabs my arm and drags me out of the room. We go get Sam some ice cream, and bring it to her. "Thanks guys."

"We should go. I've got some things I need to do." Brooke says.

"I'll stay here for a little while longer." I say.

"No you're not staying here. Mainly because I don't trust you." Brooke says.

"Just leave him. He'll be fine." Sam says. Brooke leaves and I sit on a chair beside the bed. Sam opens her ice cream and starts eating it.

"Throat feeling better?" I ask.

"A little bit." Sam takes a spoonful of ice cream, and holds it up to my face. I take a bite of her ice cream. It's sweet. "Like it?"

"It tastes sweet." I reply. We finish off the rest of the ice cream, and chat for a little bit. "I was supposed to be married off to a complete bitch. Create a strong bloodline, but I didn't want to. She wasn't my type. I could tell she wasn't going to be loyal to me."

"I'm sorry to hear."

"It's ok. It doesn't bother me." My head is down. I feel a pair of hands on the side of my face, and a kiss on my forehead. My heart begins to race. I look up.

"A-Angel?" I ask. She gives me a smile.

"I like you, Draven." I put my hand on her cheek. We lean towards one another and our lips meet. This moment feels so perfect. Like nothing could ruin it.

"DRAVEN!!! GET YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF HER!!" Brooke kicks me in the back of my head.

"WAIT!! I KISSED HIM FIRST!!!" Sam shouts.
She stopped and walked over to Sam handing her a piece of paper and walked out the door. I look back at Sam and her cheeks were bright red. I look at the picture, it's a Chibi drawing of me and angel. Uummm... ok. There are words on the top of the picture. "My ship." What the fuck? Sam and I run after a laughing Brooke. We do this for about 3 hours.

"I SHIP IT!! I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU IF YOU DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN KISS!! BUT I SHIP IT!!"

"GOD DAMN IT BROOKE!!" Angel and I shout at the same time. We keep chasing her around the hospital for about another hour, until we finally lose her. Tuckered our and cranky, the two of us walk back to Sam's room and lay down on the bed together.

It's 2:30am, and I wake up to see a crazed Brooke standing above me with a knife.

"What did you do?"

"We're just cuddling I swear!"

"You better have." She disappears into the shadows. It takes a little bit to fall asleep after that.