Chapter 2

I wake up with my body in pain, and my face and pillow soaked from my tears. I don't have the energy to go to school. I close my eyes again and fall asleep to noise of my father stomping around my house. I feel something stroke my face.

"Oh you poor thing. Just say the word and I'll put an end to him." a demonic voice says. My eyes open but I'm not on my bed. I'm not even in my room. I'm surrounded by a dark abyss. The only light is coming from a halo. I wrap my wings around myself for comfort.

"This is a dream! This is a dream! THIS IS JUST A DREAM!!!" I shout to myself. A small fire appears behind me. And starts to circle around me. A boy appears in front of me. I'm shaking with fear.

"Oh please my dear. I'm not going to hurt you." He walks closer, and walks right through the fire. I take a few steps back but the flames prevent me from going any further.

"Stay back!! If you come any closer... I'll burn myself!!" I shout. He wraps his arm around my lower back.

"Don't be so silly little one. Because I have an offer for you." he says.

"An offer? What kind of offer?"

"I'll get you out of hell, in exchange for that halo." Before I can even think of a response, I'm pulled out of this weird world. Brooke is standing above me, shaking me.

"SAM!!!! WHAT HAPPENED?!?! WHY ARE YOU CRYING?!?! WHO THE HELL HURT YOU DAMN IT?!?! Brooke demands.

"I have no idea what just happened." I reply.

"WHY ARE YOU SHAKING?!?! DO I NEED TO KILL SOMEONE?!?!"

" I think I met a demon..."

"WHERE'S MY HOLY WATER?!?!"

"Brooke... I think you need to calm down..."

"NO!! I WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO PROTECT MY FRIEND!!! NOW WHERE THE HELL IS THIS FUCKING DEMON!!!" I slap Brooke across the face. "Ok... I'm calm."

"Thank you."

"NOW WHERE IS THIS DEMON?!?!"

"Oh come on! I'm pretty sure it was just a dream."

"I'm getting you out of this house."  Brooke drags me out of bed to her motorbike. She's somehow already packed all of my essential things. We hop on the bike and ride off. "TO NARNIA!!" Brooke floors it down the streets, back to her giant ass house. We get off the bike and walk inside. Brooke shows me to my room, and she forces me to sit down on the bed with her. "Now... WHAT WAS THIS DREAM?!?! AND WHO'S THE DEMON I NEED TO KILL?!?!"

"Could you stop shouting!! You're making me go deaf."

"Explain, then I'll stop."

"This dream started off with something touching my face, then I was in a room that was completely black except for the light coming off my halo. And I had wings? Well there was a guy who wanted to make a deal or something with me, he said that he'd get me out of hell in exchange for my halo." I explain.

"Sam... what did you say?"

"I didn't have time to respond before you showed up."

"OH THANK GOD!! I showed up on time!!"

"Yeah, you did. By the way... how did you know I needed help?"

"You weren't at school. So I was wondering what happened." Brooke leaves the room, and I sit on the bed in silence. What was he anyway? I doubt Brooke is going to let this go THAT easily. I close my eyes and try to focus on the boy I met earlier. From what I could really see, he had red eyes, red hair, long, sharp fangs, pale skin, and wearing torn clothing. I'm pretty certain he was covered in blood too. My halo... why did he want my halo? I get up and walk to Brooke's room. She's got a ton of books on the supernatural topic. I find one on demons and angels. It's a pretty heavy book.

"Page 1,
It's said that demons and angels have been at war with one another for centuries. Mostly to for control over the living world. Demons are sneaky little bastards, mostly because they take the souls of mortals for entertainment reasons."

All the sudden the book is burning, I freak out and throw the book on the floor. The book turns to ashes.

"What the hell was that?" I ask.

"Oh please dear... did you really think you could escape my question that easily?" a demonic voice asks. I turn around to see the same demon from earlier.

"Why do you want my halo?" I demand. He walks closer to me.

"That's not important."

"Yes it is! Now what do you want with my halo?!"

"Such a noisy woman." He's about a step in front of me. He reaches his hand out to touch my cheek, but the moment it reaches contact, it either burns, or zaps his fingers. He lets out a loud yell. "GOD DAMN IT!!! FUCKING BITCH!! WHY DID SHE HAVE TO PUT THAT DAMN SPELL ON YOU?!?!" Brooke bursts through the door.

"BACK DEMON!!" She throws holly water at him, and he's forced to disappear. "Sam!! He didn't hurt you did he?!?!"

"My head feels fuzzy..." My body falls to the floor, and I black out.