Screamed 'I Hate You's and Whispered 'I Love You's-Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"Can you explain to me why Griffon told me to give this to you?" She holds up an empty luggage, her jaw clenched. I anxiously look back at Lance, who is looking around my room, and step outside, closing the door behind me.

"He hurt Lance, Aunt Summer." I told her, "I'm mad at him,"

She frowned at me, handing me the luggage, "That's no reason to tell him you're leaving. You know he thinks you're moving out for good? I just saw my baby boy almost start crying."

I watch her intently, guilt flooding my senses. Crying? Aunt Summer drops the bag in front of me and shakes her head.

"He's your mate, Maeve," She scolds me, obviously pissed. "My son doesn't cry. I want you to speak to him now!" She uses her alpha voice on me in her last sentence, and I can feel the heavy weight on my shoulders as I try to fight it off. Eventually it wraps over me, and I lower my head in shame.

"Yes, Luna." I am forced to say before I walk off to find Griffon. Aunt Summer wasn't like this, using her alpha voice on people. With tears in my eyes I go to find Griffon. When I do find him, he's in his house- his duvet wrapped tightly around his whole body and he lays still on his bed, facing away from me.

I enter the room, still under the Alpha's order. "Griff," I mumble, getting closer.

He doesn't turn to look at me, "Your things are in the bag near the door," He coldly says, but I can hear the vulnerability in his voice. And to be honest, I'm pissed.

"So you want me to leave? No more chasing after me? Because I swear to god, Griffon if I leave right now I'm not coming back." I suddenly barked at him, surprised with my own words. That couldn't be the truth- was it?

"No I don't want you to leave, hell no! You're mine!" Griffon jumps up off the bed, "I saw the way you looked at him Maeve. I can tell you love him and I want you to be happy. If being with Lance makes you happy," He growls lowly under his breath, "You deserve the best."

"And you'd hand me over to him just like that?"

Griffon shook his head, "I was going to kill him, actually." He casually said, and my jaw opened wide.

"Griff, of course I love Lance. He's a great guy, my best friend and he always helps me out when I need him. I do, I love him."

Griffon's jaw clenched. His breathing grew rapid, "Do you love him more than me?"

Stepping closer to him, I knew my arms around his neck, "Can I tell you a secret, you big wanker?"

Griffon wrapped his arms around me too, tightly holding me to him. "Even if you decide you want to leave with him Maeve, I think I'm going to end up killing him in the long run. You're made for me, I'll do anything to make sure you're mine."
I rolled my eyes, "Don't be a big possessive oaf."

"I'm serious." He mumbled into my shoulder. "I love you much more than he will ever."

"Griffon," I pushed away from him, "Lance..."

I watched Griffon's eyes go wide, "Did he knock you up? Is that why you're leaving with him?"
My eyes almost popped out of my head. "Where did you get that idea from? What the hell?" I looked down at my stomach. Did I look pregnant?

"I don't get what he has that I don't! Why else would you want him and not me?" Griffon ran his fingers through his hair, "I can get you pregnant too! Would you stay with me if I got you pregnant?"
I raised my hands up in the air, "Griffon! Stop, you're freaking me out!" He grabbed my hips and tossed me down on the bed.

"Please don't leave me," He whispered, standing in between my legs. He looked down at me hungrily, and I pushed him back with my foot.

"Stop it! Lance is gay!" He's GAY! So shut up!" I screamed out at him, delivering a hard kick right into his stomach, "I love him as a friend! Don't you even dare try to get me pregnant, Griff."