Error #7

A/N: sorry for not updating for awhile. this is a really poorly written chapter and is probably awful, but it was all i could come up with for now!

warning: sad-ish?

      eren awoke to a blinding light peering down at him; causing him to scrunch up his face, close his eyes and turn away. he groaned in pain as he felt an ache in his arms. the warmth in his left hand made eren open his eyes and turn to look.

levi was asleep on the hospital chair next to his bed, back slouched and hand interlocked with eren's. levi looked peaceful, his usual frown was erased from his relaxed features and his eyebrows were no longer furrowed.  eren smiled as his heart began to swell with warmth, for his smile to then drop as he realised where he was. he reached out to wake levi up, when a voice made him retract his hand,

'don't wake him up, idiot, can't you see he's peaceful? it's amusing, really,
he's relaxed when you're not with him. he's sleeping, he's away from you, and look at how calm he looks.'

oh great, the thoughts are back.

'it wasn't that hard, eren, but of course! a glitch like you managed to mess it up– just like you always do.'
'do you not realise that you're not wanted. not even the soulmate system wanted a freak like you.'
'not even the soulmate system wanted a freak like you'
'a freak like you'
'freak like you'

'eren.. don't you see? you survived it, yeah? the world didn't want you to go. they're giving you a second chance- a chance at living. live eren. please, live a life for me. live the life i had to leave." 

a thought, a voice, that eren had never heard before suddenly ripped through his other thoughts. it was a quiet, soothing voice. it was gentle, unlike the other harsh, gritty voices he was used to hearing swim around him mind. this voice was calming and rational, supportive and caring.. this voice believed in eren, it wanted what was best for him. this voice was a voice he hadn't heard in years, a voice he missed.. a voice he wish still existed in person.

armin arlert was a boy, one year older than eren, with a heart of gold. he was shy, but smart- intuitive and caring. eren truly missed his best friend. it had been three years since eren heard his calming voice, saw his adorable face. eren missed him with all of his heart. armin was bullied constantly for his shyness, awkwardness and intelligence. he would be beaten, yelled at, mocked. he would be a rag-doll for people to bully and tease.

armin fought for as long as he could. until it was too much.

eren remembered the night he got the call. the last call. armin called him, and his voice was as calm as ever. armin wasn't sobbing, his breath wasn't shaking.. armin was calm. he was ready.

eren begged him not to, pestered him to promise he wouldn't do it, promise he wouldn't go through with it. armin soothing voice didn't sooth eren, for the first time ever, it scared him. eren stayed on the phone for what seemed like hours, but was only minutes, talking armin out of it. he was positive he did, and that armin was safe. eren didn't want to lose his best friend, especially not to suicide.

but, alas, we can't always have what we wish for.