You're my cousin ?????

"My,my such language from someone so young. But if you must know I'm .... Hermes."  He said with a smirk that made me want to wipe it off his face.

"Ok then Hermes, I'll ask one more time. What do you want from me and don't even think about lying. My mum always said it's impossible to lie to me." I said with a snarl.

"Hmm, well let's just say that you remind me of someone I know and if you are related to him, then I will just have to visit you more often to keep you safe." He said with that smirk of his still intact on his face.

"What do you mean to keep me safe? I'm not in danger and who do you think I am related to. On my mum's side of the family everybody is dead and I have never met my dad or his family." I said still a bit suspicious of him.

"Those questions will be answered later. Now tell me what do you know about your father?" He asked me with a tone that made feel a little bit intimidated and that stated just how much important it was to answer him.

But despite that I gathered all my courage and thought of something that mum always says when me or Percy are afraid 'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself '. I think it was Franklin Roosevelt that said that. Then in mind came another quote from a movie I recently watched 'Fear is not real.The only place that fear can exist is in out thoughts of the future.It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not and may not ever exist. That is near insanity. Danger is very real but fear is a choice'.

"Who are you to tell me what to do and why do you want to know about my family?" I asked.

"Well I'll be damned, normally any other person would have been shivering in fear and telling me everything. You really are something else. As to why I want to know about you , I think that I may know who your father is and you should know that you can trust me 'cause I will never hurt you and I will do anything to keep you safe." He said and this time there was a real smile on his face and with those words something in me told me that I could trust him and so I did.

"Ok I will trust you, but break my trust and it will take a alot to get it back. About my father, well it's ... coplicated. Mum told Percy and I that he was lost at sea, but I can tell that it's a lie and that she is hiding something from us. If you really do know him, can you please tell me more about him? I always wanted to know but mum is tight-lipped about it and I don't want to pressure her into telling me, because I can see that it makes her sad." I said this with a reminscent look on my face thinking about all the times I wanted to ask mum about dad.

"I'm glad that you trust me and I will answer every question you have, but first I think that we nshould order something ,I don't want you to starve yourself."He said and with that said he called a waiter and ordered two big pizzas margherita and a bottle of water and coca cola. He immediately asked to pay and I went to take out my purse to pay, when I saw that he already paid. I went to protest when he interrupted me.

"I want none of this, I am paying and that's it. Now what do you want to know?" He asked me.

"I want to know about my father. Tell me anything you know like his appearance, his character and whatever else you know." I said with a pleading edge to my voice. 'After so many years I will finally learn abou my dad' I thought.

"You look like him. The exact same black hair, your face is like the feminine and much more beautiful version of his, though your eyes .... when you look at them it's like you can see the sea.It's amazing how much you look like him. Personality wise, your father was quite stubborn,prideful and temperamental but now he's got it under control. He is very caring, calm and quite peaceful , however he can be very dramatic like his brothers.He has an ... intresting, I guess you could say, sense of humour and it's really hard to understand wether he's joking or not. All in all you could say he's awesome." Hermes said with a smile on his face.

"Wow! I never thought that I would actually find out about how my father is.How do you know all this? Not that I'm ungrateful or anything I'm just curious." I said barely containing my excitement .

"That is easy. I know him 'cause he is my uncle." He said with a mischievous smile.

"Oh. Wait,hold on rewind that, did you just say uncle ?B-b-but that would mean that you're my cousin" I exclaimed with bewilderment.

"Damn straight I am! It's wonderful to meet you cousin dearest." He said and not waisting a second he  engulfed me in a hug.

After that I can honestly say that I have never been so confused in my entire life.