The Dinner: Part 1

Hey guys! I wasn't going to post another part tonight, but I changed my mind. By the way, I also want to thank you guys for making my story number 10 on #Shirbert! Love ya! Oh, and enjoy the story! Sorry if its short.

Gilbert's POV:

After my comment, everything got awkward. I mean like really awkward. Like as awkward as when you wave to someone you think you know but you actually don't. Finally, Anne spoke.

" So, Blythe, about your comment, what do you me-" Anne was asking, but thankfully, Marilla came into the room.

" Oh, Gilbert, I didn't even know you were here." She said

" Oh yeah, sorry about that, Bash just wanted me to give something to Matthew, but I could leave it here and leave," I replied

" Oh nonsense, you will stay for dinner. It has been to long since you have been here." She said

Anne's POV:

WHAT?!? How could Marilla do this to me? I mean I know I do some questionable things, but I don't deserve this. What is even worse is the dreaded words that came out of that hateful boy's mouth," I would love to, if that is alright with Anne."

Of course he would do this to me in front of Marilla.

" I don't mind" I whispered unwillingly

Gilbert's POV:

" I'm sorry, what was that? My ears are ringing from something I heard earlier" I said teasing her.

" I said I don't mind" She answered with an annoyed face

" Alright, I will stay for dinner." I said with a proud smile

Anne's POV:

As we were walking to the dinner table, I whispered in his ear, " Wipe off that proud look on your face, Blythe. Just because we are having dinner, it doesn't mean we are friends."

" Well, I guess I will have to try harder because here is the thing, Anne Shirley Cuthbert, I am not giving up on us." he whispered back in my ear

Even though, what Gil-, I mean, Blythe, said was sweet, I still couldn't forgive him after what he did.