𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

It was almost ironic that of all people, Quentin would be the one to help him. The red-haired, blue-eyed weirdo who could have easily let him panic alone but instead he helped him.

After the elevator stopped moving and they tried to get out, it was clear that there was nothing they could do but wait for a help. Theo tried to look calm and act as if he wasn't having a panic attack.

He could almost feel as the walls got closer and closer and closer and closer until he felt like he couldn't breathe.

Then there was Quentin who looked as good as normally as if they weren't stuck in this small, pathetic excuse of an elevator. How could elevators be this small in a shopping center? He knew that they should have just used the stairs.

"Calm down, Freddie. It's alright, just listen to my voice. That's right, nothing bad will happen and soon we will get out," he heard Quentin's voice talking but he couldn't focus on that.

How the hell did they end up there? Where was there? Theo had no idea where they were. Somewhere in Delaware? All this time he had been following that stupid boy and where did he get him? Stuck in a fucking elevator!

"Deep breaths... do as I do... good, now do it again!" After listening to him talking for what felt like hours but truly was only about five minutes, he started to calm down and now he was only embarrassed that he looked so weak.

Almost like reading his mind, Quentin started to talk as if he had prepared this speech weeks ago for this moment. "It's okay not to be okay all the time, you know. There is nothing embarrassing at having a panic attack, it makes you a human. Everyone is scared of something."

"Oh yeah? And what are you scared of?" Theo asked, wanting the attention away from him and his own fears.

Doing small talk and talking about feelings with Quentin felt strange for him. Maybe it was because he still couldn't stand the boy or maybe because having a serious conversation about such things was making him really uncomfortable.

He was sure that Quentin wouldn't answer but at least now the conversation wouldn't be about him being a coward. Maybe he could listen to him talk or at least pretend to do it.

"I'm afraid of snakes, flying, that something bad happens to my family, that I won't get into a college and my parents will be disappointed in me. I know they would never say it to me but they will probably talk about it when I won't hear. Also, clowns are fucking creepy. What else..."

At first, Theo didn't listen much to what was on the list because he couldn't really care a less but when he heard about the fear of disappointing his parents he started to pay more attention to Quentin.

He couldn't help but frown the more he thought about it. He had met his parents and it was hard to believe that such a good, genuine people would think badly of their own son. He desperately wanted to ask him about that but didn't want to look like he cared so he stayed quiet.

"What time is it? I feel like we have been sitting here hours already..."

"It's almost four," Theo answered, remembering that he had his phone with him. How did he ever forget that?

"It's been only fifteen minutes?!" Quentin yelled, looking very frustrated. Damn, he really wasn't the most patient person, was he?

"Can I just remind you, again, that it's all your fault that we are here. Without you, I would be home with my friends instead of being here!"

Quentin almost looked like he was truly sorry for everything that had happened today but instead of apologizing, he just smirked. "I'm sure you will be happy you came with me here after tomorrow's carnival."