𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩

Theo was in a bad mood and everyone made it even harder. Even his cousin annoyed him more than usual even by asking what did he do last night as if it was any of his business. They weren't friends so there was no need to do that pointless small talk.

He had to lie about being at home because Isaac didn't have to know what really happened yesterday and that he was at Quentin's home. Besides, he would probably give him a nice little speech about why fighting wasn't ok. In some ways, it was almost ridiculous how different they were.

He was talking with Isaac in his locker when Quentin walked there. Apparently, he needed help from Isaac because he had to go to his uncle's house after school and he was too lazy to use public transport.

When he asked for a ride from Isaac, Quentin was disappointed to hear that he wasn't much of a help. "Sorry Queenie, I have plans with Phoebe. I promised to help her with her history project and after that, we will have a date night."

He tried to look sorry but Theo saw right through him and probably Quentin did too. He heard the red-haired boy mutter something about the girl but didn't hear what. Instead, he seemed to be very annoyed over a little thing.

"So you really can't give me a ride?" he raised eyebrows at Quentin and the anger he heard in his voice. Why was he so angry? It's not like Isaac had promised to do it.

"No but Theo can."

"I could but I don't want to," he said before starting to walk away before something bad happened. Who knew what Isaac and his big mouth had planned to torture him with?

"You just told me that you have no plans for today after practice," Isaac smirked and Theo wanted to punch him in the face for that. His cousin knew damn well that he didn't want to spend another minute with Quentin.

"Great, I guess you'll do! I will wait for you in your car after your practice," the red-haired boy said and started to walk away without giving him a chance to disagree. Just as he was close to him, he whispered so quietly that no one else heard him.

"...or everyone will know who helped you yesterday. You don't want anyone to know who you were with and what you did. You lied to Isaac about it. I don't care why you did that but I guess it has its perks to be a school's freak," he said, giving him what looked like an innocent smile before walking away.

How could someone be happy to be an outsider in high school? Quentin was such an extraordinary person, something he had never seen in a person before.

He knew that whatever he did or said, he would always have something to surprise him with. Just like now, when he blackmailed him, Theodore Peterson of all people, to drive him to his uncle. It better be a quick trip.

And all because he would rather spend a day with Quentin than tell anyone that he let Quentin help him after his fight. After all, he had his reputation to think about.

🍁🍁🍁

He had hoped for a miracle and that Quentin would have forgotten or got tired of waiting for him to end his practice. Of course, he didn't. So now Theo was stuck in a car ride with him.

They had only been on the road for ten minutes, there was an uncomfortable silence between them and it was so damn awkward that Theo thought how to start a conversation until he remembered who he was with.

"Does your shoulder hurt?" Quentin asked beside him so suddenly that it took a few seconds for him to understand that someone actually said something. He gave him a short and simple 'no' as an answer.

For some reason, Quentin seemed to think that because he had helped him and he was giving him a ride they were now friends. Obviously, that wasn't true.

He was already regretting this trip. Looking at the navigator in front of him, he noticed that they still had a long way to go. "We still have... two and a half hours left. Great."

That was all that was said for a long time and Theo was grateful that Quentin didn't try to make a conversation again. For the next hour or so, they seemed to have a silent agreement not to talk, give each other much-needed peace and silence.

He was happy with that until he realized that they still got to drive back the same hours. No fucking way. Quentin could stay at his uncle's house and learn how to use buses like normal people.

There was a break from the silence when he had to inform him that they would stop by the closest gas station but that was it. He still couldn't believe that he was forced to drive from New York to Delaware for no good reason. Why couldn't Quentin wait for another day to visit his dear relatives?

"There's one!" Quentin yelled, pointing at what he had already seen. It was pretty small even for a gas station but at least they didn't have to wait for their turn. The fewer stops and the shorter they were, the sooner he would be back home.

"I know, I saw it before you."

"But I said it first and that only counts because I can't really read your thoughts, can I? So you're welcome," Theo couldn't help but stare at the boy sitting next to him and think if he was actually serious right now.

"Now, I'll get us something to eat while you do what you need to do," said Quentin.

"Like fill up my gas tank?" Theo raised his eyebrows and wanted to laugh at him. Of course, he didn't do that. He was determined to keep his face as emotionless as possible around that boy.

"I knew that, no need to explain Mr.I-know-everything."

Once they reached the gas station and went to their own ways, Theo was ready with his car much sooner than Quentin with their food and smoked a cigarette outside his car before going to wait in the car.

He could have gone inside to check what took him so long but decided to treasure the little freedom he still had of him. Now that he thought about it, he was a bit surprised that Quentin hadn't asked any personal questions. Maybe he cared as little of him as Theo cared for him.

"Look at who I found!" Theo sighed, even his voice made him roll his eyes. He opened his eyes and stepped out of the car, waiting for him to start talking.

Next to Quentin stood a girl around their age who was as close to average as someone could be. She had a brown hair, boring face with freckles similar to Quentin's and glasses that made her eyes look bigger. If he met her anywhere else with a crowd around them, he would forget her in a second.

"Who's this?"

"Amanda but we will call her Mandy. She's also going to Delaware."

"So...?" please don't say it, please don't say it. Anything else but not it.

"She needs a ride and I promised her one," of course you did. "There's enough space in the backseats even for three people so you can't use that as an excuse."

Was he so predictable? "No, we don't have time to get some girl we don't even know wherever she wants to be!"

Quentin, who completely ignored everything he said, turned to look at the girl who was still standing there like a fucking statue, not doing or saying anything. Was she going to let Quentin talk for her all day? Theo already knew that he would enjoy her company as much as Quentin's.

"That is his way to say that you're welcome and that we hope you enjoy your visit in this ugly car!" Quentin said, winking at her and she giggled. Fucking giggled. He couldn't stand that sound. If someone wanted to laugh then they better laugh instead of doing that. Now he was even more against taking her with them.

"I'm sure I do if you're here with me," she suddenly said, surprising both boys. Then she even winked at Quentin! What was happening? Theo was master at flirting and he was almost sure that she had indeed flirted with Quentin of all people.

The look on his face told that for the first time, he didn't have any comeback. For once, Quentin was speechless. That was hilarious!

Now that he thought about it, he wouldn't mind taking this Mandy wherever she needed to be. At least Quentin would stay quiet and he could just pretend that the blue-eyed boy wasn't there at all.

"Sorry but this boy here is my boyfriend," he said and before Theo could deny it happening, he gave him a kiss. On the lips. It was quick, lasting only two, three seconds but it still happened. Now it was Theo's turn to be speechless.