Phone call

1 week later
"I couldn't help but notice a ring on a certain someones finger" FP smirked at his son.
Jughead blushed "Yeah well now your gonna have a daughter in law." He said.
"Speaking of which, where is Betty?" FP asked.
"She got a phone call earlier, actually, I better go check on her" Jughead said getting concerned.
When he went back to their room, Betty had her back turned to him, obviously crying.
"Hey, hey, baby what's wrong?" He asked her softly, running over to her and kneeling down in front of her. Betty turned her tear stained face away from him. "Don't do that Juliet, tell me what's wrong, what happened, please." He pleaded. Turning her face towards him, she rested her head against his hand.
"My dad, was found dead, hung, in his prison cell this morning." Betty told her Romeo, new tears falling down her face.
"Oh Bets, I'm so sorry" he said pulling her close.
"I-I shouldn't be upset. He , he killed and destroyed so many people, so many families. I shouldn't be crying this is stupid." Betty said quickly, wiping away her tears.
"Don't do that Betty. It's okay to cry" he told her, stroking her hair. And cry she did, her body shaking with silent sobs, sobs so gut wrenching it made Jughead cry to. Seeing the love of his life so upset, so heartbroken. She cried for her mother not caring about her anymore, she cried for the town that had seen so much and got so little, she cried for her father, who she had wanted so much to change, to somehow not be this despised serial killer, to go back to being the father she would climb on his shoulders and look over the crowd of people at parades, who she would share an orange freeze at Pops after soccer, she cried for what felt like forever. Jughead holding her the entire time, moving and lying down on the bed, holding her close and kissing her hair. Whispering sweet nothings in her ear.
THE NEXT DAY
"Where's bughead?" Kevin asked in the student lounge.
"Dunno"  Archie said "Let me call them. Maybe they are sick." He said standing up and walking out of the room.
"Hey Jug. Where are you guys?" Archie asks after dialing his best friends number
"Hey Arch, Betty's dad died yesterday, killed himself" he heard Jughead say sadly.
"Oh man, I'm so sorry." Archie responded leaning against the wall. "How is she taking it?"
"Not well, she's devastated but upset at herself for being upset. I gotta go. You can tell everyone if your okay with that." Jughead told him.
"Yeah of course" Archie agreed hanging up.
"Ronnie" Archie said coming back into the room, nodding his head back out into the hallway.
Veronica stood slowly, confused and concerned. Everyone else looked concerned to. Archie told Veronica what had happened.. After telling her Archie walked back into the room.
"What happened?" Cheryl asked standing up.
"Betty's dad killed himself yesterday" Archie told them all sadly. Veronica walking back in and sitting on Reggie's lap, tears in her eyes.
"Oh god" Kevin said leaning back, Fangs rubbing his arm. Everyone sitting in silence.
"How's she taking it" Sweet Pea asked.
"Not good, she's obviously upset but Jug said she's also mad at herself for being upset that he's dead." He told them.
"Poor girl" Toni said leaning into Cheryl.
After a couple of minutes the bell rang for next period and everyone slowly and robotically stood up and went to class.