I could of lost you

Just to let you know, I know nothing about medical stuff or how hospitals work lol. So please don't be offended. Enjoy❤️
"NURSE" FP shouted as they ran into the hospital. Jughead holding a limp Betty in his arms, she had fainted in the car. Everyone trailing behind them.
"We need a gurney over here" a nurse shouts and multiple other nurses ran over with a gurney. Jughead laid Betty down on to the old blue moveable bed.
They rushed her back other nurses running behind. All of a sudden a nurse  shouted "CODE" and a nurse jumped on to the gurney and started CPR. And with that they turned the corner, the door closed and she was out of sight.
Jughead sunk on to the toes of his foot, his head in his hands, shaking his head back in forth.
"Jug come on. Let's sit down" Toni told his touching his shoulder.
"I should of taken her last night. I should of had her run. I should of stopped Hiram before he even got to her house. It's my fault." Jughead said when they sat down.
"Jug, none of this is your fault" Jellybean said laying her head on his shoulder. He put his head in top of hers. He tried to speak but didn't trust him self not to break down so he just shook his head no.
"Excuse me, I need Elizabeth's guardian to fill out these forms before we can start serious treatment." A nurse said coming over to them, with a clipboard in hand.
"Umm.. her guardian is not here" FP said standing up.
"Okay, then I could talk them over the phone if they can't get here immediately" she said not understanding.
"No, Umm, her you can't talk to her over the phone and she will not be here at all" FP tried to explain.
"Well if you want her to live then I would suggest getting a hold of them. I see one is in jail. But neither of them are dead. So I would pull out your phone and get her mother here." The brown haired nurse said getting agitated.
"What do you mean if you want her to live?" Archie asked.
"I saw the infection. That kills 85% of the time." The nurse said, the only emotion showing was annoyance.
"If she is dying then you treat her." Toni said standing up. With everyone else. The nurses face showing fear for a millisecond upon seeing they were serpents.
"Sorry, put that's how it works" The nurse said not sorry at all.
"Well her mother is a psycho. And if you need someone to sign the treatment form Attorney McCoy." FP said trying to keep calm.
"I will call her but we need someone to fill them out in person to start treatment." She said getting extremely agitated.
"I'll sign" FP said.
The nurse rolled her eyes and handed the clipboard over with one hand.
"But just so you know, we have every right to refuse treatment." The nurse smirked at them.
Jug lunged at the nurse.
"Woah, woah, woah" Sweet Pea, Fangs, Toni, and Archie say holding back Jughead.
"IF YOU DARE..." Jughead stared to yell fighting against the restraints of everyone's arms.
"Jug, if you want Betty to live you need to calm down" Kevin whispered to him.
Jug pushed past everyone and ran out of the room, out of the hospital. He didn't stop. Not when everyone screamed his name, not when they followed him out of the hospital, not when some followed him down the road, not when he ran past the school that had just let out and people shouted his name, not when people asked where Betty run, that made his run faster, he didn't stop until he got to Betty's house.
He got in and locked the door behind him. He panted, out of breath for a couple of seconds before sliding down the door. He sat on the floor. His knees tucked up, and he sobbed.
Sobs racked his body as he thought about his whole world, suffering, in pain. He sobbed as he thought about what his live could of been, if he had just ran away that night after Pops with Betty. "Like Romeo and Juliet. But with a happily ever after." She had told him smiling, tears in her eyes.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" he sobbed out to the empty house. His phone rang but he ignored it.
After what felt like years his sobs died down, his lungs opened up, and the hiccuping stopped. He stood up and went into the kitchen, everyone's Pops still on the table.
"Jughead?" Some one asked followed by a knock on the door causing Jughead to jump.
He thought about not answering but then noticed that he was gone for 5 hours. In 5 hours they probably found out if Betty was okay. He silently cursed himself for being a baby and not being there for Betty. So he walked over and opened the door.
"Jug. Oh thank god." Toni said hugging him. Everyone knew there was nothing in the hug. Toni and Jug has a brother/sister relationship.
"Hey, sorry" he said letting go of the dark skinned girl. "Is Betty okay" He asked getting scared. Looking at Cheryl.
"Are you okay." Toni asked him.
"Your avoiding the question. What happened? Is she okay?" Jughead asked getting scared.
"Jug, we need to get back to the hospital okay? She's okay, but.." Cheryl said surprisingly kindly, that worried Jug more than anything.
"Let's Go" he said closing the door and running out. He hopped onto Cheryl's motorcycle while the couple rode on Tonis and took off towards the hospital.
"Jug, where have you been" everyone asked. Jellybean ran over and jumped into his arms.
"Hey, sorry. How's Betty" he asked hugging his little sister.
"We still don't know." Veronica said sadly.
"How do you not know anything. It's been 5 hours." He shouted before turning and walking over to the reception desk.
"What room is Elizabeth Cooper in" he asked.
"I'm sorry I can't tell you her guardian needs to be here for you to know her status or see her." The nurse from before smirked.
"Can you please just tell me if she's okay? Please." he begged not caring anymore.
"If I were you, I would call her family and get them here. I would hate for you not to be able to say goodbye" the nurse told him quietly as she walked past him, smiling.
"Stop right there" Someone told the young nurse.
Everyone turned to see Attorney McCoy and Josie standing there.
"A-Attorney McCoy" the shocked nurse stammered.
"I have the legal guardian paper right here that FP Jones signed. Therefore he is allowed to get frequent truthful updates about her condition and is aloud to see her unless there is medical proof that no one can be near her." Mrs. McCoy said holding out a folder.
Everyone smirked at the look on the nurses face.
"O-okay, Umm.. I'll get someone to tell you how she is doing" the nurse hurried away.
"Cheryl" Josie said going over to her best friend.
"Oh Josie I'm so glad you and your mom are here" Cheryl said hugging her.
"What happened exactly" Josie asked pulling away and looking around.
"She was shot by Hiram Lodge" Sweet Pea snarled.
"Oh my god" Josie gasped. "How, when, where?" She asked
"Last night, in her arm. But she didn't want to come to the hospital because of her mom. And then it got infected. And...I shouldn't of listened to her last night. I should of taken her." Jughead told her shaking his head.
Before Josie could respond a doctor came out.
"Can I speak to FP Jones" he asked. FP stood up slowly, and nodded to Jughead to come to. The doctor looked like he was about to reject but Ms. McCoy coughed. He noticed her and suddenly decided it was okay to let Jughead go back.
"What happened is she okay?" Jughead asked.
"Yes and No. There was still pieces of the bullet in her arm. Some smaller fragments got into her blood stream. She also got an infection. That also spread to her blood stream. We rushed her back into surgery and her heart did stop 5 times during it. We got the rest of the bullet out. She was waking up before I came out. You can go see her now. She is room 227" the doctor informed them.
As soon as he said the room number Jughead took off down the hall. He saw the room number and threw the door open.
"Juggie" Betty sobbed when she saw him.
"Hey Juliet" he said after he had scooped her onto his lap.
"I-I'm s-sorry" she cried.
"Hey, no. Betty look at me." He said turning her head to face his. "This is not your fault okay. If anything this is mine. I-I could of lost you Betty. I could of.." he said getting choked up and then pulled her into him. Silent tears falling from his eyes into her golden blonde hair.
"But you didn't. I'm here" Betty told him. He nodded but pulled her closer still.
They stayed like that until there was a knock on the door. They both looked up and saw FP standing there.
"You gave us all a scared kiddo" he said smiling.
"Hi Mr. Jones" She said smiling.
"How many times have I told you to call me FP?" He said shaking his head. Causing all of them to laugh.
"There is a waiting room full of people who want to see you" he told them.
"Send then in" Betty respond.
A minute later everyone came running into her room.
"Oh my god B" Veronica exclaimed going over to hug her best friend.
"Im so glad your okay" Kevin said hugging her after Veronica. "Also Jug is was a mess and my heart was quaking" he whispered in her ear making her laugh.
"How's your arm" Sweet Pea asked.
"Better. I guess" she shrugged.
"What did they say happened, like, what caused the infection." Reggie asked.
"Apparently there was still pieces of the bullet still in my arm that got into my blood stream. And then the infection was because it wasn't stitched up and it got into my blood stream. So they had to surgically remove the rest of the bullet from my arm. And I must of flatlined it something" Betty told them.
"Or something. They said you died 5 times!" Jughead said.
"F- five times." Fangs asked. "Your heart stopped 5 times?"
"Apparently" Betty said like it was normal. "But they said I could go home in a few days if everything's okay"
"that's amazing" Cheryl smiled.
They spent the rest of the night talking and laughing. When it was time for everyone to go. Betty and Jughead snuggled up together. Thankful for the warmth and glad that they had each other.