Chapter 8

(Jack's POV)

  As I'm talking to Alex, I realize that I am in love with him. He looks at me in shock as I tell him the truth. "It's just I don't know what to say." Alex states.

  "I know. I'm not going to do anything insane, I promise." I say. "I'm not expecting anything to happen. I can't rebound not yet. It wouldn't be fair to either of us." I explain.

 "I know that. I'm stuck because how could I have not known?" Alex asks.

  "I didn't know myself. I wasn't sure and then Dallon told me the actual truth." I state. It's the truth and I'm scared of that.

  He puts his arm around me. "Listen to me, I know you're scared. So am I. I need to tell you the truth about my business." He looks me in the eyes.

  "What truth is that?" I ask as I look at him. He starts to tell me the truth about what he does. I look at him in shock. I can't believe what he's telling me. When he's done, I smack him. "your business is illegal! But it's not as bad as you made it sound." I say. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

 "Because I was afraid that you would judge me for it. Plus, like you said, its illegal." He states.

 "It is and incredibly stupid but no matter what, you're still my best friend." I state.

 He smirks. "Of course, I am. I'm too awesome not to be."

 I laugh. "True."

~Five months later~

 "You can't be serious!" I yell at my best friend.

  Alec glares at me. "I am serious. We need to talk about it! About what happened. We can't avoid it forever."

  I sigh. "No, we can't but!" I yell back. What happened was we had sex three days ago and have been trying to avoid each other since. We're afraid of what might happen if we don't. "We can't keep avoiding the subject."

  He sits down next to me on the couch. "We need to talk about it. I don't want just be friends with benefits. I want more then that. To be your boyfriend, if you'll have me."

  "I told you that I didn't want a rebound but that was five months ago. I'm ready. There's just one thing you need to know." I state.

 "And whats that?" he asks.

 "That I'm never gonna let you go." I smirk.

 "Jack Barakat you have a way with words. Will you be my boyfriend?" he leans closer.

  "yes." I respond to his question. I clash our lips together and pull him close to me. This time it's different because it means we're something more. I close my eyes and relax into him as we kiss. His lips are so soft against mine. I'm so happy and grateful to have him in my life. I pull back after a few seconds. "Wow."

 He giggles. "Wow is right. I love this." He states.

 "I do too. I'm glad that we chose this." I state.

 "I am too." He grins.

 "Chose what?" Zack asks, as him and Rian walk into the living room.

 "Oh nothing." I answer. Alex and I are still cuddling each other on the couch.

 Rian rolls his eyes. "Right, like that's whats going on."

 "I know." Zack grins.

  "We need to focus because tomorrow is the big day." I state. Tomorrow Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump are finally getting married. I'm beyond happy for them. It's going to be a day to remember. I'm lucky to have them as close friends. There's a knock on the door a few seconds later. Alex gets up and answers it. Standing there is Pete and Patrick. Pete smirks. "I'm getting married!"

 Patrick blushes. "You mean we're getting married."

 I smile. "Yeah. I'm so happy for both of you."

 "One of us is staying the night here." Pete says.

 Alex nods. "Yeah. It is getting late though." He says.

 I nod. "That it is."

 Patrick smiles. "I'll stay here because I think that's the right decision."

 "If that's what you want then that's what we'll do." Rian states.

  "I'm glad it's settled. We should all get some sleep then. We have a bid day in the morning." Pete says.

  I smile. "That we should." I say. We have a huge event happening in the morning. "We should get our rest." I agree.

  Alex smirks. "That we should." And with that we all part our ways to bed. Two hours later there's a knock on my bedroom door. "Jack, can I sleep in here tonight?" Alex's voice asks.

 I smile and move over in the bed. "Sure. Can't sleep?"

  He joins me in the bed and wraps his arms around me. "Yeah I couldn't. I want you to be my date for the wedding."

 I kiss his cheek. "I would love to. I was going to ask you the same thing."

 He laughs. "Our first date is going to be wonderful." He says.

 I giggle. "Yeah it is. Goodnight." I kiss him.

 He kisses back for a few seconds. "Goodnight."