"Mazzani has an initiative to wipe out our family business." Vincent stated.

"Yes, and?"

"Well it appears that every crime family in New York has now become apart of the idea. They want to cut off all our connections. They're trying to sabotage our gun shipments and our drug shipments, hence why we've been having so much mishaps recently.

According to them we want everything for ourselves and we're too powerful. The plan is if they don't get to wipe out all of us, they want to at least get one or two since they know that we would not be able to function without each other. An insider told me that the first task is to make a move on your grandfather. Take a guess when they're doing it."

"Shit, we have to get to Italy right away."

"And that is why we're here son, if you hadn't been so distracted with that girl you would've known this."

Merciful Father, now this man is calling me a distraction. 

"Her name is Alyssa so don't start with this father," he said walking towards the kitchen.

"And Elijah? If you ever and I mean ever, try to act like you have authority over me again because this is your house, then I will not allow Mazzani to wipe you out as I will do it myself, are we clear?" Vincent asked.

Elijah and him had a stare off, both of their jawlines twitching. Eventually Elijah gave in.

"Crystal," he said calmly, then he started walking towards the kitchen and I immediately started making a bowl of cereal.

"I know you were listening. I'm going to Italy for a few days and I don't know when I'll be back. I'll be out handling some dangerous business so don't call me okay? You know this already. If it makes you feel better I'll call you."

"Okay, but please be safe."

"I will." He gave me a long lasting kiss to take me through the days I'd be without him.

He told me to lock the door when I leave and that I should know that my bodyguards will be with me everywhere now since he's gone.

With one last peck I watched the family speed off in the large black hummer. I released a sigh as I felt the desolate feeling creep up on me.

While I ate the bowl of cereal I felt my phone vibrate and I pulled it out and answered without looking.

"Hello."

"Alyssa it's me, Isabella. I was wondering if you'd like to come over to my house. I'm catering for an event. I have a task of making some sweet treats and I really want you to help me, so what do you say?" She asked and I could hear the cluttering of pots and pans in the background.

"Sure."

"I'm sending my driver over Elijah's to pick you up, and thank you so much for doing this sweetheart," she said before she hung up.

I blazed upstairs after washing my plate and took a shower. Then I put on the only pair of jeans and blouse I kept at this house. I slid on my vans on my foot before attending to the hardest part of my appearance which was my hair. I cornrowed my hair in two and made sure to do my edges. While I was packing my bag I heard the car's horn blare.

I put the house keys in my bag and locked up the house tight before sliding into the pristine black Range Rover.

Why is it that dangerous men always own dark cars?

"Ms. Rowe, how are you today?" Grant greeted.

"I'm fine Grant thank you for asking," I responded.

Grant pulled away from the curb and onto the street.

In a matter of time we pulled up to the luxurious mansion and when Grant opened the door for me and I thanked him.

Isabella was at the door waiting for me. She pulled me into a warm hug and patted down my hair.

"Hey sweetheart, how are you?"

"I'm fine let's get to work," I urged and she laughed.

She lead me to the spacious kitchen, where I washed my hands and put on an apron. I stood around the counter waiting on Isabella to instruct me what to do.

There were so many cupboards, fridges and shelves. This kitchen was like a dream come through for me. Everything was stainless steel. The counters, the fridges, the industrial stove, the cupboards and the stools. And the space... I'm imagining myself making thanksgiving dinners in this kitchen.

"I could make some new things for you."

"Really? That'd be great," she beamed.

"But first I need some ingredients."

"Sure, just tell my chef whatever you need and he'll get it at the nearest supermarket."

So I told Frederico whatever I needed and when he went away to get them, Isabella started a conversation as I helped her make treats.

"How are you and Elijah?"

"We're better than we were in April, things are slowly coming together that's for sure."

"I'm happy to hear, as I told you before you are good for my son. I also really want to apologize for not telling you about the mob but I couldn't it wasn't my place."

"I know that and I understand, besides Elijah has a bad temper and he would probably blow up on you," I admit truthfully as took some ingredients from the cupboards.

"I know right, he's had it since he was a kid. I think that's what'll make him a vicious leader for the mob, as he functions off emotion rather than reason, my husband is quite the opposite."

"I guess that's why he's not in charge yet?"

"Yup, he's... he just needs to calm down and relax himself. He needs to learn that he can't control everything."

"That was spot on."

Frederico returned with the ingredients and I clapped happily. I started right away making the scrumptious treats.

It really helps to be Caribbean sometimes or should I say most times. I love to showcase my culture as well as to show off myself to my boyfriend's mother. So it's a win win I guess.

I just wish Elijah was here to taste them I really miss him and I hope he calls me soon.