Ma'am since the money is in your account right now and you claim that not to be your name, I suggest you see the manager. Bruce, please escort the lady to Mr. Pamford's office.

Anxiously, Emery had followed the security guard to the said Managers office, only to have a secretary tell her to come back the next day since the manager was out at that moment.

And the most surprising thing to Emery-once again, she walked out of the bathroom the eve of the incident to see three missed calls from the man behind her sleepless night.

Billion Miles Dekker.

With a racing heart, Emery had called him back but the call was sent to his voicemail, and he never called back.

So for the entire time, Emery was swarmed in questions and even sleep eluded her in the night.

Regardless, today was a brand-new day and she was going to try her very best to make it lively.

More so, after thirteen weeks of going through a successful first trimester, and burning out most of her hormonal and emotional swings, Emery was now self-assertive and ready to move on.

A newborn smile touched her lips when she shuffled into the bathroom to get ready for her day. Emery couldn't wipe away her smile as she regarded the swell of her slightly rounded tummy.

After dressing up in warm clothes, Emery took a glass of her must drink homemade fruit juice, and drove to her yoga class at the local training Center as she has been doing for a week now.

From there, she came home for a hot pampering bath and afterward, prepared her usual power-packed breakfast.

And now belly filled, Emery watched the scene playing outside in fondness as some of the kids ran around, chasing each other with snowballs while others let their creative side run wild, by decorating their snowmen with accessories.

The fuzzy Christmas feeling was being kindled, and though it brought back memories of happy days spent with a family that was no more, Emery steeled herself with more encouraging mantra.

It is well.

For a while, Emery was immersed in the merriment until a posh red car pulled up in front of their house.

Out of curiosity, she peeked through the window to have a glimpse of the person.

Emery quickly zipped her jacket to hide her barely noticeable baby bump as she regarded the man who had just stepped down from the car.

What is he doing here?

A knock sounded on the front door, startling Emery. Edging off the kitchen stool, she shuffled over to the door and hesitantly unlocked it.

"Good morning, Miss Hamilton." Lewis greeted.

If anything, Emery stared more warily at the man; from his neatly trimmed peppered hair, down to his impeccable dark suit.

"Mr. Brown... such a surprise visit."

"I'm sorry for showing up without calling first-"

"No it's OK." Emery's gaze shifted from his briefcase as she surveyed her surroundings in hopes of a certain someone.

"May I have a word with you?" The lawyer's question brought Emery out of her scrutiny.

"Uhm, sure... come in." Emery opened the door wider and led him into the house.

After taking the man's overcoat and offering him a cup of coffee; which he politely declined, Emery eased into the couch just across from him.

"I hope everything is alright?" she inquired with furrowed brows.