5) trying to compel us

Salvatore Boarding School
6:58 am February 28 2027

Even though she's still locked in a cell she can't help but feel relief. The small bed is hard underneath her, a foreign feeling; which can't be said about much lately. The air is cold which is welcomed due to having felt like she had been burnt alive four times in her life, one of which was only hours ago. The faces in front of her are new, unknowingly letting her memorize their features and mannerism.

She's able to tell that they've separated. There is a chance they were also never really together. However she knows for a fact that both of the girls, Josie and the blonde, are their daughters.

Caroline must have been around her age when she turned yet she looks older due to the way she carries herself, which is odd seeing as someone like her would like to appear youthful. She doesn't like Marissa's aura, but she wants to trust her.

She has a tougher time reading Alaric. He seems to know how to close himself off in the presence of others, either that or she believes she lost her touch due to being isolated for over thirty years. While he was harsher at the beginning he's the one who's trying to convince Caroline to let her change.

"Her clothes are practically disintegrated! Just give her a spare uniform or something" Alaric whisper shouts from the hallway.

"We don't even know what she is or what she can do Ric! What if she kills half of Mystic Falls?" Caroline retorts back which causes Marissa to slightly roll her eyes while wishing they had left the bag in there with her.

"Yeah cause she's going to be able to do that with some pants and a polo shirt." She hears shuffling before the cell door opens revealing the pair. Before either say anything the girl raises her hand up and they both pause as she whispers under her breathe, "estoy maldito con el ojo del espíritu de la tierra. Uso los ojos de mi corazón y alma. Elijo tomar el poder de la tierra". Based on their body language and the familiar feeling inside her chest she assumes that her eyes are glowing.

Her assumption is correct. Her eyes glimmer a dark green where the white should be, as her pupils turn to match the dark chocolate of her eyes.

Reaching out with her mind she searches to find the answer she wants from the two, but can't get far and only get to the surface of what she was looking for. Breathing in and closing her eyes she feels disoriented, since she hadn't used her powers in the real world in a long time.

"What the hell are you and what did you just do?" Caroline asks speeding right into the brunettes face. In her forty years of life she had never seen someone's eyes glow in that manner, or feel as if she was being opened like a book.

Looking at her centimeters away from her face Marissa raises her eyebrows slightly. "You think I'm pretty and want to trust me, but you know you're not supposed to trust easily." Looking over her shoulder to Alaric and staring at him dead in the eye she continues on, "Your main focus at the moment is trying to figure out what to do with the four witches who disobeyed your rules. You also regret calling Damon." Caroline takes a step back from me confused.

"Are you trying to compel us?" She asks scoffing with her arms crossed.

"No I'm telling you what you feel and also letting you know what I can do. I can't kill anybody with the powers I have, unless I do it old school with a knife, gun, or bare hands." Trying to emphasize her point to the two, hoping it'll help with speeding whatever is going on.

"So you're a psychic that chants a weird montura with glowing eyes, great!" Caroline exclaims with open arms.

"I'm not a psychic, I have powers similar to one but I mainly am able to read energy. I'd have to use a lot of power to fully read someone's mind. I used the mantra since I'm weak, I don't need it to do it basic skills normally. I barely learned of what I was ten months prior to being put in the stone. I was starting to learn herbal magic and how to read palms. I was never told the name of what I was"