And the three of us head off to go to the party.

Percy's POV
Leo's party was always one of the biggest deals. They are all legendary! The first time any one from high school had beer was at his party.

Me and my friends always got there early to set up and sat late to play games. The after party was always more fun in my opinion. It was just me, my friends, and maybe one or two other people.

I couldn't wait.

I was already in the pool when Annabeth showed up. I smile as the beach ball me and Frank were playing with hits me in the face.

"That's why I wanted Annabeth to come," I hear Leo say to Jason. Both of them are trying, and failing, to control they're laughters about me being hit in the face.

I hop out of the pool and greet Annabeth and her friends. Once they see me coming over Piper drags Hazel away from Annabeth, leaving her by herself.

"Hey," I say as I approach her.

"What do you want?" Annabeth asks me and crosses her arms.

"Nothing. Just wanted to say you were right."

"I'm always right. What was I right about this time?"

"Drew cheated on me. She is a bitch." 

"Your just realizing this now? Wow. You really are an idiot," Annabeth tells me. I can't tell if she was using sarcasm or not.

I don't know how to respond. I just stare. Stare down at her beautiful grey eyes.  She looks beautiful.

Annabeth's POV
I stare right into his gorgeous sea green eyes.

"Hey, lovebirds, get over here," I hear Leo shout. Me and Percy both turn his way and see all of our friends smirking at us.

"Shut up Leo!" we shout in unison.

"How did you know I was referring to you two? Unless you are confirming that you are truly in love," Leo says with smirk.

"Shut up!" Percy tells again.

We walk over to them and I swear I hear Leo whisper, "They still aren't denying it." I roll my eyes as I go up them.

"Why did you call us over here?" Percy asks.

"'Cause we're going to play some water volleyball and wanted to know if y'all would join us. Unless, of course, if you are to business staring at each other. If so then by all means keep staring," Piper says, earning a snicker from Leo. I give him my famous death glare, and he stops laughing and straightens his back.

"You guys are so freaking annoying! Y'all are also going down in volleyball," I tell them.

"We'll see. Okay, let's pull names out of a hat for teams," Jason decides. We put the names in a hat and pull them out.

"Teams are Percy, Annabeth, and Leo. The other team is Frank, Hazel, Piper, and Jason. You are so going down now, Annie!" Piper tells us.

"Don't call me Annie. And yeah, you are going to win, because I've got the worst team! Of all time. Two people who only care about their looks and what others think of them," I say upset.

"Ouch, Annabeth. That hurt," Leo says putting his hand over his heart to signify he was upset by my words.

"Whatever. Let's play."

Percy isn't as bad as I thought him to be. Leo is. But Percy is actually pretty good. We were winning 17 to 20 (Playing to 21), when I fell on Percy.

Okay, so maybe fell isn't the best word for it. What happened was, the ball was coming at me. I was going to make the winning shot. But frank had hit it with all his strength. I hit the ball making the winning shot, but the force pushed me back in to Percy.

I fell right in his chest. Not realizing how deep the water was I tried to stand but need Percy the moment I let go. I reached up and grabbed his neck so I wouldn't go under the water. He picks me up bridal style, and smirks at me.

"Need help?" Percy asks with a smirk glued on his face.

"I was just underestimating how deep the pool is. That's all," I tell him letting go. As soon as I drop my arms I miss his strength. Don't tell him I said that.

"Seriously? Jason! You said you were good! Come on! She'll be bragging for weeks!" Piper complains.

"She's not wrong," I say.

"Since we won I would like to invite y'all to the after party! It's actually more fun! Which is saying something," Leo tells us.

"Why not? It'll be fun," Hazel says. Me and Piper agree.

I get out of the pool and walk over to the snacks. 'Cause food is good and I know almost no one. Plus everyone I know is busy.

"Hey," I turn startled when I hear the voice from behind me. When I see Percy turn back around.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Just to say good job. We crushed them in volleyball," Percy turns me around so I'm facing him.

"You too. We were unbelievable. I thought you and Leo were going to suck," I tell him. I realize how close we are and try to step away but realize his hands are around my waist.

I lock eyes with him. He was so cute. We both lean in—

No! My brain tells me, you can't fall for him! You barley know him. Even knowing him every other girl in school likes him, I don't stand a chance with him.

I knew it was true.

I look away and step out of his grip. As soon as I did I miss the warmth.

"Hey, losers!" I hear Leo say to everyone one the other team.

I smile and walk over there. Percy right behind me.