"Are you guys ever going to get along? It's been weeks since she joined us, and you two still bicker hourly." Jungkook shot Mono a questionable gaze, his sharp brown brow perking upward though he tried to remain respectful in the face of upperclassmen. 

"Probably not." Mono shrugged and started down the hall searching for R, their thick boots beating against the hardwood floor a bit harder than usual. 

Jungkook's shoulders slumped, releasing a low sigh at the blunt statement. He probably wished he'd stop getting sent on assignments with the argumentative siblings. He always felt like he was forced to play referee, having to go so far as to break up a standoff on his second assignment because you were ready to scatter Mono's brains across the room for critiquing how you did the job. Jungkook being there was probably the sole reason you didn't pull the trigger and was probably the reason he was now being forced to play tagalong more and more.  

|| 

Fresh out of your lengthy shower, a fresh pair of clothes slipped onto your frame, and your blue hair, still wet and slicked back out of your face. You left your bedroom wearing a pair of light blue jeans and a white shirt that was a bit on the sheer side, your black lace bra more than apparent underneath. You let your feet remain bare, seeing no reason to put shoes on if you had no plans to go back out today. A quick spritz of your favorite perfume across your neck and wrists, minimalistic eye makeup paired with a pair of soft purple lips, and you were off.

Your jogged down the staircase and headed for Mono's room. For some reason, that idiot had opted to room in the basement. Every room in this place felt like a basement; all the windows were either boarded up or painted black, leaving the mansion void of all light. It made the place seem more dreary; other days, when you went to bed at 7 am in the morning, you were thankful that the blinding sunlight wasn't keeping you awake. 

You headed to the lowest level of the place, and down the hall, three doors to the right, you found your brother's room. Not bothering to knock, you twisted it and pushed it open; who had manners when you hated the person on the other side? 

Your slender frame slipped into the room, quickly being blasted with the strong scent of what you could only compare to burning pine needles, but you knew better. The room was so thick with smoke that you could barely see anything inside. You raised a hand, waving it in the air as you tried to clear your vision through the cracked open door that helped thin the smog. 

"Geeze, Mono." You coughed involuntarily as the toxic smoke ravaged your lungs. "Can you go for two hours without 'lighting up'?" You shut the door behind you, the fog clearing enough to see Mono seated in front of his bed instead of on it. A skillfully rolled, brown blunt pinned between his fingers as his tattoed hand rested on his propped knee. His head was cocked back, staring up at the ceiling as a marijuana scent cloud left his lips in great volume. 

"What can I say? You get on mah fuckin' nerves." He muttered lowly as he brought the stick back to his lips for another inhale before adding, "I need dis shit to be able to put up wit you." 

"Yeah, Yeah." Your eyes rolled, wandering through the smoke as you approached his seated frame and bent your legs to crouch down beside him. Reaching forward, you quickly grabbed the blunt from his hand and brought it up to your lips for a quick drag, leaving a purple lipstick mark along its edge before offering it back out to him. "So, where's my cut?" You asked breathlessly as you kept the smoke in your lungs for a few seconds before exhaling. 

"Told you's, I ain't yo errand boy." Mono took his joint back with a snatch and sneered at you. 

"Whatever. You said that last time." Holding your hand out, you waited for him to give you your cut, curling your fingers in his direction as you motioned for him to hurry up and pass your envelope. 

"You want yo cut, go get it from R." 

"You can't be serious." 

"Dead ass." 

You slapped him on the knee, trying to get him to stop playing these head games with you in an attempt to teach you some kinda lesson. "Aint got it." His jet-black locks shot back and forth with a shake of his head as he remained firm to his convictions. He wasn't budging; hell, he was so stoned you weren't even sure if he could walk now. 

"UGH!" You quickly stood back up and slapped your thighs and annoyance. Was he seriously going to make you see that bastard? "You're a dick." You barked, giving your foot a childish stomp. 

"Least I ain't no errand boy." His shoulders bounced in a lazy shrug, and he stuffed the half-smoked blunt between his lips. Grabbing a nearby remote, he pointed it toward his surround system and turned it on. Your ears quickly violated with that shitty rap music that he somehow enjoyed. He was drowning you out. 

You snarled; quickly turning on your heel, you went for the door, ripping it open and causing a wave of fresh air to bombard his hazy room. You left in a storm, slamming the door behind you, angry that you'd be forced to comfort that guy a third time. Sure, you worked for him, but that didn't mean you had to see him. Your methods were working perfectly till now

You could grab your cut and leave, right? Not give him a chance for small talk. It'd be fine. It was a simple task; you could do it. As long as R didn't get pushy with you, then you should be able to leave without an incident. Though given how to lose your tongue when it came to free speech, things weren't in your favor.