Chapter 29

Dad Joke of the Day: What did the grape do when he got stepped on? He let out a little wine

(I'm so happy to read that some of you enjoy my dad jokes of the day. It makes me happy to know that you share my weird sense of humor)

Chapter 29

Everything in life has a natural balance. During winters, the weather can get unbearably cold but the cold is contrasted with the sweltering heat of the summer. Every day the sun shines bright in the sky, but even the sun succumbs to the darkness the night brings with it. It is an irrevocable fact that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. And just like that for every high in life, there is a low too. Just like a roller coaster that has reached its peak, it has to come down. Nothing stays forever. Not in nature, not in life.

It's a regular Wednesday evening, the skies are clear and the weather is lightly warm and balmy. Mia giggle loudly as she stares at Baekhyun's phone screen. Baekhyun was able to head out of work early and since Mia had nothing on her plate for a couple of hours, they decided to spend their free time together. They're both sitting on the couch, cuddling up to each other as they swipe through childhood pictures that Baekhyun has on his phone.

"You were so cute!" Mia exclaims at a picture of a young Baekhyun dressed as a pumpkin for Halloween.

Baekhyun grimaces at the picture, not fond of the memories of a time he wasn't able to choose his own clothes.

"I was a pumpkin," he dead pans with a bit of amusement in his tone.

"The cutest pumpkin I've ever seen," Mia giggles even more, snuggling up closer to Baekhyun.

Mia rests her head on Baekhyun's chest, with her feet tucked under her on the couch. Baekhyun slumps his right arm over her shoulders lazily. It is a perfect evening. Then again, any time spent with Baekhyun is always perfect. If Mia has to choose the time she was the happiest in her life, it would be this moment right here, with Baekhyun.

The way Baekhyun smiles at her, the look of adoration in his eyes, the aura of protectiveness that he exudes, they all make Mia's heart flutter in contempt. She's at an all-time high that she never wants to come down from.

"I'm glad you're finding this amusing." Baekhyun jokes.

Mia smiles. "I really am."

Baekhyun arches a brow. "How about we see your childhood pictures?" He counters.

"What time is it? I should probably go." Mia says pulling away and looking at her wrist, at her nonexistent watch.

"You're not going anywhere," Baekhyun says pulling Mia back into his embrace.

Mia giggles at the playfulness but is quickly made silent when Baekhyun's lips meet hers.

With a sigh, Mia melts into Baekhyun's touch. His lips soft and coaxing as he swipes his tongue on Mia's bottom lips. So readily, Mia parts her lips, welcoming Baekhyun's tongue into her mouth. With a hand on her cheeks, Baekhyun gently caresses her skin as he kisses Mia into submission. Mia lets out a low moan as she moves her lips in synch with Baekhyun's in a dance of passion. The room is quite aside from the soft kissing sounds and sighs and moans that both let out in satisfaction.

Unwillingly, Mia pulls away and feels Baekhyun's lips chasing after hers in another kiss but Mia has to stay strong.

"I really do have to go though," Mia says sadly, her eyes still closed.