Chapter 27

Dad Joke of the Day: This graveyard looks crowded. People must be dying to get in there.

Lately I've been obsessed with Mamamoo's Wind Flower. I love other girl groups too but they are the best girl group when it comes to harmonizing. If you disagree, fight me.

Also I'm ranked #15 in exo tags? Like whut?!!! You guys are the best!!!

Chapter 27

As Mia stares at her reflection through the mirror, she can't help but fidget anxiously. She bounces her leg up and down in nervousness. The only thing left for her to do is to break out in cold sweats, which she swears is about to happen.

"Can you stop?" comes Jenny's voice from behind Mia.

Shifting her gaze towards Jenny through the mirror, Mia grimaces. "I'm just nervous, ok?"

"Really? Didn't notice," Jenny retorts teasingly while combing through Mia's hair.

Jenny graciously offered to do Mia's hair and makeup for the dreaded event of meeting Baekhyun's family. Before she knew it, the weekend was here and Baekhyun was texting her to inform her that he'd be picking her up at 5. It is now 4 and Mia's nerves are wracked beyond repair.

"Stop it, I've never met anyone's parents before so I don't know how to act or what to say," Mia fumbles her hands in the air for emphasis.

"You've met my parents," Jenny jokes.

"Yea but I'm not dating you so..." Mia trails off agitated.

Giggling, Jenny shakes her head at Mia as she styles her hair. "Relax! You'll be fine." Mia doesn't look convinced so Jenny goes on. "Look, when I first met Jisoo's parents, I was nervous as hell too, but you know what? Parents just want to know that their kid is with someone that loves them and cares for them. Sure it was scary at first but as the night went by, it became easier. Plus, they'll carry on the conversation most of the time, so you probably won't even have a chance to say anything stupid."

Mia nods her head but is still only partially convinced by Jenny's words of encouragement. "I don't know. I feel like with my luck, I'll ruin everything."

Mia huffs as Jenny puts her hair into a low bun. "No you won't. You just need to relax."

Once Jenny is done with Mia's hair, she takes a step back to look at her work. Cocking her head to the side, her face twists in unsureness. "Are you sure this is the style you want?" she asks.

Looking at herself in the mirror, Mia nods. "Yes, I want to look sophisticated and mature. My makeup and hair have will have to help me with that."

Sighing to herself, Jenny goes to put Mia's make up on, settling for light makeup full of nude colors and a hint of pink for her lips.

The outfit Mia wears is unlike anything she's ever work before. She wears a grey flowy midi skirt that stops way below her knees and a lavender long sleeve sweater on top. She decides to pair up the outfit with a pearl necklace and white heels to match.

Studying her reflection in the mirror, Mia nods in approval at what she sees. She could easily pass for a woman in her twenties. Smiling to herself, she lets out a soft sigh filled with nervousness.

The clock reads 4:45, meaning Mia had about 15 more minutes to kill before Baekhyun picked her up. She used that time to practice the way she'd speak with his parents. If anyone walked into her room at that moment, they'd think she's crazy, talking to herself. At 6 on the dot, Mia receives a text from Baekhyun telling her he's outside.