Prologue

Lottie sat in a dimly lit room, filled with broken, old furniture. She was trapped behind an oak wardrobe which had no doors, and an ugly cream coloured chair. Luckily, she wasn't claustrophobic, because she had barely any room. It reminded her of being trapped in that van after the Maravish summer ball. She shook, the room was freezing and she was only wearing her night dress. The wardrobe slowly shifted to one side to reveal the dark figure who had threatened her and Jamie.

"Back again, princess?" The man smirked. He had a black cloak on, covering all of his face apart from his mouth.

Lottie didn't speak. She couldn't speak. The apple she had eaten was writhing in her stomach.

"Not this again," the man said, " if you keep giving us the silent treatment, your friends will be in more danger than they already are..."

Lottie looked up at him, her face puffy and red. She thought of Ellie, Anastacia, Raphael, Binah, Lola, Micky, Percy, Saskia... And Jamie... He was already in enough danger, he was at the top of their kidnapping list.

"If you touch my friends," she choked, " you will pay."

The man chuckled. "What is a soft little princess going to do about it?"

"I'm not as soft as you think." She said.

"Well, unless you join us, the only food you will get is apples." He grinned maniacally.

"I don't care, I guess I will just die then." Lottie said this calmly, but in her head she was terrified of this man.

"Oh, it's that or join us, think how sad your friends would be if you perished."

Lottie's heart sunk. What would her friends think? She had no choice.

"Fine, I will join you." She wasn't really joining them, but she had to until she could come up with a plan.