Chapter 22 // Take out

Start from the beginning

"Yep." Luke said, popping the p.

"How tall is she?"

"Half your sister's height."
"Ew she's short. You should date tall girls, they're prettier." Sammy turned to me after he said that.

"I should." Luke replied. During their conversation, Luke was making eye contact with me the whole entire time. "Sammy! Dani! Dinner's ready!" We heard my mom yell. "We should go inside." I said. Sammy ran to the door leaving Luke and I alone. "After you." He said, holding the door for me.

"Thanks." I mumbled, walking to the kitchen with Luke following close behind. My mom and Sammy sat at both ends of the small dinner table while two empty seats were located on the sides. I sat in my normal seat as Luke sat across from me. "Help yourself, Luke." My mom said. Luke nodded and started serving himself some pork fried rice and some orange chicken. I took the pork fried rice box and the orange chicken box after Luke was done with them. "So, Luke how are you liking the high school?"
"It's alright. Gra- I mean Daniela probably told you that she was tutoring me and she is helping me a lot."

"She did tell me. What subject is helping you in?"

"History." We both said in unison.

"I loved history when I was in your year."

"We know mom." Sammy said.

"Well, Luke doesn't know."

"I'll tell him all about your high school life mom." I replied.

"It's really interesting, I swear." My mom whispered to Luke. For the rest of dinner, Sammy and my mom mostly lead the conversations. Luke occasionally looked at me and I would look at him too.

~*~

"Thank you for dinner, Mrs. Gray."

"You're welcome Luke. Come back anytime." My mom said while going to her room.

"You hear that? I can come back anytime." Luke smirked.

"So what time are we meeting tomorrow, Hemmings?"

"2?"

"My house or your house?"

"My house?"

"We could study here." I suggested.

"Great! Your house then."
"Are you obsessed with my house?"

"It smells good and plus I like your family."

"Alright well, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Don't oversleep, Gray."

"Hey did you buy your tutu yet?"

"No, not yet." He chuckled.

"After studying do you wanna go get it?"

"Where the hell do you get a tutu?"

"I know places." I smirked.

"Alright.." He opened the door and then turned to face me. "What?" I asked him.

"I can't leave without a kis- I mean hug." Luke smiled. I took a step forward and hugged him. He hugged me back and rested his head on my head. I took in his scent. He smelt good, like fancy cologne.  He also smelt like hair spray, Chinese food, and well my house. I pulled away and looked up at him. "I'll see you tomorrow, Gray." He turned on his heel and started walking. "Bye Hemmings." I closed the door and locked it. I went upstairs and got ready for bed. While I was getting ready, I heard my phone ding notifying me I had a text.

From: Hemmings

Tomorrow @ 2 right?