"Because I fancy you." Klaus smirked and Caroline couldn't help but smile a bit.

Klaus and Caroline's date went better than they thought it would, they spend most time talking about each other but it was mostly Klaus listening to Caroline's stories and opinions.

Klaus had to spend the night reminding himself that this was a fake date, he wished to hold her hand, caress her cheek with his thumb and in the end of the night kiss her but he couldn't because this was all fake. He never felt so drawn to someone like he felt for Caroline and he had every intention of conquer her heart, he knew it wasn't going to be easy but he wasn't going to give up, especially not on her. Even if all this was fake, he knew it would make them be closer and that he could get her to see that there was more to him than the monster he is known by and maybe he would find a way to make Caroline finally giving him a chance to show what he could be for her and what he could provide to her.

The next day, once Caroline got to high school she had already the members of the cheerleading squad asking about Klaus who was the mysterious guy they all gossip about, making Caroline happy that her plan was working out and then she told them it was a good first date and that she is thinking about going on a second date with him but didn't told them much more details for how much they begged her.

"You all have to go to class." Rebekah compelled the girls and then looked at Caroline. "I gave you an advice but wasn't for you to take advantage of my brother. I don't know why my brother is so found of you tot he point of letting you distract him every time you and your friends plan to do something bloody idiot but I won't let you mess with his head just to get back at Tyler."

"Rebekah, let's go to my car to talk in private." Caroline said, taking Rebekah to her car and starting the car so no one could listen to their conversation thanks to the sound of the car. "I decided to pretend to be in a relationship with a guy Tyler hates so I went to talk with Klaus and told him all about it. He accepted helping me out on this. I'm not making your brother think I'm falling for him nor anything like that."

"Okay. I believe you. Just... don't give him any false hope. He doesn't handle well on people who disappoint him." Rebekah warned her.

"Don't worry. Oh... and can you keep this a secret? Only you, Elena, Bonnie and Klaus, obviously, knows."

"Sure." Rebekah said.

***

Elena has been trying to deal with being human on her own since she felt Stefan being different to her, she thought in asking Caroline for help but she had such control that made Elena feel like a failure as a vampire so she kept trying to train on her own until yesterday... yesterday, Elena was in the woods and couldn't kill an animal because of her being so compassionate and someone found her and decided to help her. That someone was no one other than the Original Vampire Elijah Mikaelson.

Elena finally reunited the guts to call Elijah.

"Miss Gilbert?"

"Yeah... Hi! You can call me Elena... I told you that already."

"My apologies."

"It's fine. Ahhhh... you probably are wondering why I'm calling you."

"That is correct."

"Well... I wanted to thank you for helping me yesterday. I was a complete mess."

"It's alright, Elena. I'm glad I was able to help. Although I have to admit I was surprised of you not having your boyfriend Stefan helping you going through this difficult transition."

"Stefan and I broke up."

"My apologies. I was not aware of that."

"It's fine. We just weren't working out. Anyway... I called you not only to thank you but also to ask if you could find time to help me. I have been trying doing this alone but..."

"I'll be more than happy to help you, Elena. You should not go through all of this alone."

"Thank you, Elijah." Elena smiled. "See ya at 5? In the woods?"

 "See ya at 5? In the woods?"

"I'll be there." Elijah said and then they said their goodbyes and hung up.

AN: Hey guys! First of all, I want to thank you all for the amount of support you've given me just in this book and it's barely starting. I have no words. I'm really thankful. After my story Beginning of a New Era, I made myself get a break and refresh because of how often I would update and to be honest, I was nervous to go back to writing, I didn't know if I would be able to do it again and I didn't want to let you down but you guys were amazing to me (like always), so thank you. Secondly, if you guys have any fanfics to share, please pm me bc I'm trying to get fanfic writers to be a bit more recognized and to be discovered. And I was thinking there would be a third but now I'm blanking so... yeah... *awkwardly leaving*