Chapter 19

~3 months later.~

"I swear to god above Rage!" Honey yells down the hall at me.

I growl lowly and turn around, "what?" I snap.

She runs a shaky hand through her hair, "My brother is dead! Fucking dead Rage! Why are you so angry at me?" she cries, her eyes red and swollen, her pale cheeks flushed and tear stained.

I roughly run my fingers through my hair and drag her into a hug, "I'm sorry baby. I'm not angry at you, I'm angry at us, at the club, we didn't think anything of Jeremy, but we have him okay? We got him," I say and kiss her head as her small body shakes with sobs.

She nods and burries her head in my chest, "Mrs. H took Titus for the night, what are you all going to do with Jeremy?" her voice is horse and scratchy.

I kiss her head again and then her lips, "Ruin him," I murmur and she nods.

I turn her and push her towards the bed softly, "get some rest Honeydew, I'll be right here when you wake okay?"

She sniffles and wipes her face before nodding and dropping onto her side of the bed; I slide in next to her and let her curl herself around me.

I stroke her back and play with her hair softly, calming down as I hear her breathing even out and her body relax.

My poor babygirl, life can't seem to be put on pause for her.

Everything seems to just keep hitting her like a truck, over and over again and I'm being forced to stand aside and just watch and its beginning to piss me off; seeing her hurting so often, no matter what.

Maybe its just this town, these people, maybe its time we move.

I grab my phone from the table and scroll down to find, Allen, he's down at our chapter in New Mexico and maybe, its time me, Honey and Titus get a new scenery.

"Hey, Allen have you got room for a few people?" I murmur into the phone quietly, making sure to not wake my girl.

He snickers, "I sure do brother, how many?"

"Three of us, me, Honey and Titus," I say and wait for his answer.

He doesn't say anything for several moments, "why are you coming here?"

"Her brother was just killed by an old member, and so much has happened to her up here that I think a new place, new faces and people will help her. We just had a kid Brother, and I can't afford to my girl to slip away from me, you feel me?" I explain it all to him and wait for his answer.

He growls lowly, "anything for you brother, have y'all caught the piece of shit?" he asks referring to Jeremy

"Yes brother."

"Good, I'll let you talk to Mr. H and then he will call me. Make sure you tell your girl before you ever even talk to Mr. H, I don't need an angry mother walking into my compound, the boys here would die. Though we could use a girl to help around, all my boys are young and aren't planning on settling anytime soon," he chuckles as do I.

"Thank you brother, I'll call you soon."

"Of course, and I'll be waiting."

He hangs up and I sift Honey and lay down before pulling her into my side and letting myself be pulled under.

~2 days later.~

Honey was sitting at the bar nursing a beer after the funeral.

Her eyes were cold and distant, and I was afraid of her slipping away.

"She's going to be fine," Rod slurs from next to me; the man was getting older and older, the alcohol finally taking its toll.