Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

Stomping out of the room—fully prepared to throw a fit—I came to an abrupt stop on the stairs.

Why was the pack house still crowded with foreign wolves? Shouldn't they be gone by now?

Tripping, I caught myself on the banister and cautiously continued down the stairs.

Eyes turned to me, noses flaring as they picked up the last remaining sweetness from my Heat. It wasn't strong enough to get them all worked up thankfully.

I glared at them all, not in a good mood.

It wasn't hard to find Robby. His scent stood out to me, even with so many others all over the place. He was too preoccupied to notice me in the doorway of the den. A group of wolves around him, all of them wanting my Robby's attention. Some were from our pack, some I didn't recognize.

My eyes went straight to that blond Omega laughing at something Robby had said. I bristled, before pulling myself up straighter and walking towards them.

Robby's eyes finally met mine as I was halfway across the room, a smile lifting his lips. When I didn't respond in kind, his smile fell and he had the right to look nervous.

Pushing through the small crowd, I situated myself between my Mate and that blond Omega. Why was he still here? I want him gone.

Standing on my toes, I kissed the side of Robby's neck where my mark will one day be. It made the big male groan and I smirked, turning around to face the others that were staring.

"Hi." I chirped sweetly, my smile growing in the face of their surprise.

"Luna!" An Omega pushes herself forward, excitedly greeting me. The title surprised me and I looked up at Robby who smiled encouragingly.

I hadn't expected that they'd want to talk to me too. My goal was to come snatch Robby away so I could yell at him. Instead, I was pulled into conversation with them all. Well, except the blond that rightfully disappeared. They talked about everything, their family, friends, school. What surprised me the most was how they all quieted down when I spoke, seeming to genuinely want my opinion on everything. It was so odd, being the center of attention. I made sure to tease Robby every chance I got, embarrassing him as others laughed along. They wouldn't dare say any of it to his face, but I hoped everyone would start referring to him as Robert. If only to annoy him.

Eventually Robby had enough, lifting me off the ground and carrying me away. My protest were drowned out by everyone's laughter.

He didn't put me down until he shut us into what looked like a office. It wasn't his dad's because I've been in there before.

I wiggled out of his hold and stepped back, crossing my arms and glaring up at him. He sighed, rubbing a hand down his face.

"Alright, let's talk." Robby grumbled, walking over to a gray couch and sitting down. I followed him, albeit reluctantly.

He stared at me, apparently waiting for me to speak first. I stared back, wanting an apology. The result was us sitting in silence and growing aggravated the longer the silence stretched.

"So?"

"So?" I mocked, anger skyrocketing. "You left me!" I yelled at him.