NINE

JAKE

ONE MONTH LATER

MONDAY

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blasting at 6:30 a.m.

So me being the awesome 'uncle Jake' at least that's what the little kids call me, decided that I would start taking the kids to school. I can tell that they hate riding the bus so I told Bell I would start driving them and picking them up.

They still take Aiden but I take the other kids. I sold my black mustang and got a black Chevy truck. The truck is still not bug enough for me, Andy, Eli, Landon, Ryan, Eden, and Bailey, but bailey sits in Andrew's lap in the back. I honestly like taking the kids to school. It definently makes things less boring.

I also eat dinner with everybody nearly every night. He only time I dont is when I have to go on a mission.

I took a quick shower and put on my blue jeans, boots, and a black t-shirt. I may not seem like a bad boy since I dont wear leather jackets a lot but I just don't want to look like a stereotypical bad boy.

I got my things and walked out the door. Then I headed to sunshines house. She still hasn't figured out who I am. And I really like her.

I fell in love with her in kindergarten and I never stopped. I'm going to start throwing out more hints though. And I'm telling Bell, Kat, and Bray about the gang soon. I can't keep lying.

I pulled up to their driveway and walked in the door. I dont even knock anymore.

As soon as I walked in the door I was trampled over by Eden and Bailey. "Uncle Jakey." Bailey yelled. "Bailey. Be quiet. You know Bell doesn't feel good." Bray said. "Sorry Bray." She said.

"What's wrong with sunshine?" I asked as I stood up. "She has been really stressed lately. So she has a bad headache and a cold. Google said that stress can cause colds so yeah." Brayden said. "Oh ok. I'll drop off the kids now." I said.

We all loaded in my truck. My truck has a middle seat in the front so in the front was me driving, Landon in the middle, and Elijah in the passenger.

Then in the back there was Andrew behind Elijah, Bailey in his lap, Ryan in the middle, and Eden behind me. I went to the middle school first. "Bye boys. And hey remember to tell the everyone that I'm yalls cool best friend. Make them jealous." I chuckled. "Ok. Bye yall." They said and closed the doors.

Then the elementary/intermediate school. I have to get out and walk Bailey and Ryan to their classes. Eden and Landon used to but I want them to be with their little friends.

I parked and walked in. Bailey holding my left hand. "Bye uncle Jake. Gotta go meet my friends." Landon hugged me. "Ok. Remember what I said about getting girls to like you?" I asked. "Yup. I have a white t-shirt in my bag. I will change and show off my muscles." He said. "Ok. Good."

"Bye uncle Jake." Eden hugged me. "Ok. And don't get a boyfriend." I teased. "Ok I will." She ran away. Gosh kids.

I walked Ryan to his class. "Bye uncle Jake." He hugged me and ran to his seat. I was now walking Bailey to her class. "Uncle Jakey?" She said. "Yes Bay." "Can I tell you a secret. Don't tell Bray though or he will be mad." She said. "What is it Bay?" I looked down at her.

We were now standing outside her classroom. "I have a boyfriend." Her cheeks went red. This is adorable. "I won't tell Bray if you show me who he is." I said. She walked me to her table.

"Bentley." She said. "Hey Bailey." He got up and hugged her. "Who is this?" Bentley asked. "This is my uncle Jakey." She said. "Have you two kissed?" I teased. "No. That's how babies are made. That's gross." They both said. "Good. The only people you can kiss is family." I said. They both nodded.

I kissed Bailey's head. "Ok I'm leaving. Bentley keep her out of trouble." "Ok." He put his arm around her. I walked out chuckling. Ahh puppy love.

I decided not to go to school. And instead to go and take care of Bella. I firstly went to the store.

I bought a bunch of food and drinks for their house. Bella was supposed to go today but since she is sick I did it.

After I was done unloading the groceries, I went up to Bella's room. I knocked and heard sniffles. "Its Jay." I said. "Come in." I walked in and she was wiping tears. "What's wrong sunshine?" I hugged her tightly. "Jake we have a problem." She started crying more.

BELLA

"Jake we have a problem." I started crying more. He rubbed my back. "What is it sunshine?" So I told him everything. From my parents, to Nonah, to custody, to social services.

"Hey sunshine. It'll get better." He soothed me. "If I tell you something so you promise me not to tell anybody?" He asked. "Yeah. What is it Jay?" I asked.

"So I'm just going to say it. I'm in a gang. That's why I have enough money to live alone. My mom died when I was in second grade so after that my dad started training me to be leader. He died a couple years ago of a heart attack from smoking and I took over. So I live alone." He said.

I kind of saw this coming though. He leaves at weird hours. Wears black. Loaded. Lives alone. So yeah. I just stared at him. "Sunshine say something." His eyes looked pained and worried. "Jake I saw this coming. I dont look at you any different." I giggled and he hugged me.

"Thank you so much sunshine." He whispered.

"How about we make a deal." He pulled away and said.

"I'm listening." I said.